1st bounce

ldb-3
I need a message to immediately go to /dev/null
if it hard bounces once.

Set to zero this works,

  maximal_queue_lifetime = 0

but I do not want it to go back to the sender.
I need it to go to /dev/null.

Any suggestions???

Thanks,

LDB

Re: 1st bounce

mouss-2
LDB wrote:

> I need a message to immediately go to /dev/null
> if it hard bounces once.
>
> Set to zero this works,
>
>  maximal_queue_lifetime = 0
>
> but I do not want it to go back to the sender.
> I need it to go to /dev/null.
>
> Any suggestions???

What problem are you trying to solve?

discarding mail this way breaks the reliability of the mail system.

at least, try soft_bounce=yes, then use postcat and postuper...

Re: 1st bounce

ldb-3
mouss wrote:

> LDB wrote:
>> I need a message to immediately go to /dev/null
>> if it hard bounces once.
>>
>> Set to zero this works,
>>
>>  maximal_queue_lifetime = 0
>>
>> but I do not want it to go back to the sender.
>> I need it to go to /dev/null.
>>
>> Any suggestions???
>>

> What problem are you trying to solve?
>
> discarding mail this way breaks the reliability of the mail system.
>
> at least, try soft_bounce=yes, then use postcat and postuper...

Yes, I agree with you.

I am trying to compensate some other technology on our
network. :)

I want to at least blackhole the "account does not exist"
messages.

Thanks,
LDB