2.7 RPM

Carlwill
Does anyone happen to know if anyone is kindly dedicating their time
to creating a Postfix 2.7 RPM for download? I know this is extremely
time consuming but I am really interested to try out Postfix 2.7 on my
CentOS x64 server. I realize Simon was responsible for creating the
previous RPM's available on a mirror but I don't know if he is still
doing so. I never saw a 2.6.5-3 RPM (only 2.6.5-1) and wasn't sure if
he would continue to do so or only with major release versions.

Thanks for any info!

**PS**

Yes I am very aware anyone including myself could create a RPM from
source using the SRPM's however I attempted this in the past and
failed miserably.

-Carlos

Re: 2.7 RPM

Ramprasad-5
On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 09:17 -0500, Carlos Williams wrote:
Does anyone happen to know if anyone is kindly dedicating their time
to creating a Postfix 2.7 RPM for download? I know this is extremely
time consuming but I am really interested to try out Postfix 2.7 on my
CentOS x64 server. I realize Simon was responsible for creating the
previous RPM's available on a mirror but I don't know if he is still
doing so. I never saw a 2.6.5-3 RPM (only 2.6.5-1) and wasn't sure if
he would continue to do so or only with major release versions.

Thanks for any info!

**PS**

Yes I am very aware anyone including myself could create a RPM from
source using the SRPM's however I attempted this in the past and
failed miserably.

-Carlos

http://www.kutukupret.com/2010/02/08/compiling-postfix-2-7-0-as-rpm-package

I followed these steps and created a Centos 5x rpm myself
If you are interested in the rpm only you could contact me.

Re: 2.7 RPM

Eero Volotinen-2
2010/2/22 ram <[hidden email]>:

> On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 09:17 -0500, Carlos Williams wrote:
>
> Does anyone happen to know if anyone is kindly dedicating their time
> to creating a Postfix 2.7 RPM for download? I know this is extremely
> time consuming but I am really interested to try out Postfix 2.7 on my
> CentOS x64 server. I realize Simon was responsible for creating the
> previous RPM's available on a mirror but I don't know if he is still
> doing so. I never saw a 2.6.5-3 RPM (only 2.6.5-1) and wasn't sure if
> he would continue to do so or only with major release versions.
>
> Thanks for any info!
>
> **PS**
>
> Yes I am very aware anyone including myself could create a RPM from
> source using the SRPM's however I attempted this in the past and
> failed miserably.
>
> -Carlos
>

> http://www.kutukupret.com/2010/02/08/compiling-postfix-2-7-0-as-rpm-package
>

> I followed these steps and created a Centos 5x rpm myself
> If you are interested in the rpm only you could contact me.

can you release the .spec / srpm file including all needed files to compile it?

Eero

Re: 2.7 RPM

Ramprasad-5
On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 16:48 +0200, Eero Volotinen wrote:

> 2010/2/22 ram <[hidden email]>:
> > On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 09:17 -0500, Carlos Williams wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone happen to know if anyone is kindly dedicating their time
> > to creating a Postfix 2.7 RPM for download? I know this is extremely
> > time consuming but I am really interested to try out Postfix 2.7 on my
> > CentOS x64 server. I realize Simon was responsible for creating the
> > previous RPM's available on a mirror but I don't know if he is still
> > doing so. I never saw a 2.6.5-3 RPM (only 2.6.5-1) and wasn't sure if
> > he would continue to do so or only with major release versions.
> >
> > Thanks for any info!
> >
> > **PS**
> >
> > Yes I am very aware anyone including myself could create a RPM from
> > source using the SRPM's however I attempted this in the past and
> > failed miserably.
> >
> > -Carlos
> >

> > http://www.kutukupret.com/2010/02/08/compiling-postfix-2-7-0-as-rpm-package
> >

> > I followed these steps and created a Centos 5x rpm myself
> > If you are interested in the rpm only you could contact me.
>
> can you release the .spec / srpm file including all needed files to compile it?

All the files which I used for my compile are here

https://ecm.netcore.co.in/tmp/postfix-2.7.0.rpmfiles.tgz

You may want to hash-off the dotname patch which I use on my machines

Of course take care of the usual warning :-)
These are files that worked for me, there is absolutely *no guarantee*
that this work for you.

If someone can help me with a doc on  creating a  ".src.rpm" package I
would like to try it

Thanks
Ram

> Eero

Re: 2.7 RPM

Eero Volotinen-2
2010/2/23 ram <[hidden email]>:

> On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 16:48 +0200, Eero Volotinen wrote:
>> 2010/2/22 ram <[hidden email]>:
>> > On Mon, 2010-02-22 at 09:17 -0500, Carlos Williams wrote:
>> >
>> > Does anyone happen to know if anyone is kindly dedicating their time
>> > to creating a Postfix 2.7 RPM for download? I know this is extremely
>> > time consuming but I am really interested to try out Postfix 2.7 on my
>> > CentOS x64 server. I realize Simon was responsible for creating the
>> > previous RPM's available on a mirror but I don't know if he is still
>> > doing so. I never saw a 2.6.5-3 RPM (only 2.6.5-1) and wasn't sure if
>> > he would continue to do so or only with major release versions.
>> >
>> > Thanks for any info!
>> >
>> > **PS**
>> >
>> > Yes I am very aware anyone including myself could create a RPM from
>> > source using the SRPM's however I attempted this in the past and
>> > failed miserably.
>> >
>> > -Carlos
>> >

>> > http://www.kutukupret.com/2010/02/08/compiling-postfix-2-7-0-as-rpm-package
>> >

>> > I followed these steps and created a Centos 5x rpm myself
>> > If you are interested in the rpm only you could contact me.
>>
>> can you release the .spec / srpm file including all needed files to compile it?
>>
> All the files which I used for my compile are here
>
> https://ecm.netcore.co.in/tmp/postfix-2.7.0.rpmfiles.tgz
>
> You may want to hash-off the dotname patch which I use on my machines
>
> Of course take care of the usual warning :-)
> These are files that worked for me, there is absolutely *no guarantee*
> that this work for you.
>
> If someone can help me with a doc on  creating a  ".src.rpm" package I
> would like to try it

how about command: rpmbuild -bb myprogram.spec

Eero

Re: 2.7 RPM

Barney Desmond
On 23 February 2010 19:34, Eero Volotinen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2010/2/23 ram <[hidden email]>:
>> All the files which I used for my compile are here
>>
>> https://ecm.netcore.co.in/tmp/postfix-2.7.0.rpmfiles.tgz
>>
>> You may want to hash-off the dotname patch which I use on my machines
>>
>> Of course take care of the usual warning :-)
>> These are files that worked for me, there is absolutely *no guarantee*
>> that this work for you.
>>
>> If someone can help me with a doc on  creating a  ".src.rpm" package I
>> would like to try it
>
> how about command: rpmbuild -bb myprogram.spec

No, that is incorrect. From the rpmbuild manpage:
       -ba    Build binary and source packages (after doing the %prep,
%build, and %install stages).
       -bb    Build a binary package (after doing the %prep, %build,
and %install stages).
       -bs    Build just the source package.

We use -ba when rolling our RPMs. -bs would be suitable if you *only*
want a Source RPM. If you can build the RPM (it sounds like you were
successful) then the SRPM should be no problem.

I've tried the procedure from the aforementioned link
(http://www.kutukupret.com/2010/02/08/compiling-postfix-2-7-0-as-rpm-package/)
and had no problems building the RPMs. I haven't tested the RPMs yet.

Re: 2.7 RPM

Hari Hendaryanto

> If someone can help me with a doc on  creating a  ".src.rpm" package I
> would like to try it
>

> Thanks
> Ram

actually,when you're follow workaround on my site you got both binary
and source.
usually located at %_topdir/SRPMS/
spec files always produces both binary and source when rebuild with
rpmbuild -ba isn't it? :)

Re: 2.7 RPM

Emmanuel Seyman-3
* ram [23/02/2010 09:01] :

> If someone can help me with a doc on  creating a  ".src.rpm" package I
> would like to try it

I've always found Guru Labs' guide to be helpful:
http://www.gurulabs.com/downloads/GURULABS-RPM-LAB/GURULABS-RPM-GUIDE-v1.0.PDF

Emmanuel