2 factor authentication for postfix

mami64
Hi
I am looking for a solution or some faq to running 2 factor
authentication for Postfix3.x

Re: 2 factor authentication for postfix

Phil Stracchino
On 2020-07-23 09:57, natan maciej milaszewski wrote:
> Hi
> I am looking for a solution or some faq to running 2 factor
> authentication for Postfix3.x

Ummmm.....   Postfix is a mail *transfer* agent.  It moves mail from
system to system and delivers it to users' mailboxes.  It does not
provide a mail reading/pickup interface for users.  How exactly are you
envisioning using 2FA with it?

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  Landline: +1.603.293.8485
  Mobile:   +1.603.998.6958

On 23.07.2020 16:31, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> On 2020-07-23 09:57, natan maciej milaszewski wrote:
>> Hi
>> I am looking for a solution or some faq to running 2 factor
>> authentication for Postfix3.x
>
> Ummmm.....   Postfix is a mail *transfer* agent.  It moves mail from
> system to system and delivers it to users' mailboxes.  It does not
> provide a mail reading/pickup interface for users.  How exactly are you
> envisioning using 2FA with it?

That easy in theory  postfix + radius + 2fa (I found
pam_google_authenticator)

Re: 2 factor authentication for postfix

natan maciej milaszewski:
> Hi
> I am looking for a solution or some faq to running 2 factor
> authentication for Postfix3.x

To SEND mail?

To RECEIVE mail?

On 23.07.2020 16:41, Wietse Venema wrote:
> natan maciej milaszewski:
>> Hi
>> I am looking for a solution or some faq to running 2 factor
>> authentication for Postfix3.x
> To SEND mail?
>
> To RECEIVE mail?
Only to send mail

Re: 2 factor authentication for postfix

Benny Pedersen-2

is a dokumented no go ?

Re: 2 factor authentication for postfix

natan maciej milaszewski:
> On 23.07.2020 16:41, Wietse Venema wrote:
> > natan maciej milaszewski:
> >> Hi
> >> I am looking for a solution or some faq to running 2 factor
> >> authentication for Postfix3.x
> > To SEND mail?
> >
> > To RECEIVE mail?
> Only to send mail

This should be possible by setting up a socket_map or tcp_table
server that recives smtp_sasl_password_maps queries that specify a
destination, and that answers with a SASL username:password.

That server can then implement N-factor authentication.

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_sasl_password_maps
http://www.postfix.org/socketmap_table.5.html
http://www.postfix.org/tcp_table.5.html

        Wietse