5 messages per second

Paul Martin
Hello

I would like to send 5 messages per second with postfix.

How can I do that with postfix ?

Thanks

Paul

RE: 5 messages per second

L.P.H. van Belle
Yes.

i did like this setup.
And now you have also options per domain.

Greetz,

Louis

I would like to send 5 messages per second with postfix.

How can I do that with postfix ?

Thanks

Paul

Re: 5 messages per second

D'Arcy Cain
On 2018-06-20 10:43 AM, Paul Martin wrote:
> Hello
>
> I would like to send 5 messages per second with postfix.
>
> How can I do that with postfix ?
Type really, really fast?

Or, clarify your question.  I can think of at least two things that you
are trying to do;
 1. Accept all messages but throttle delivery to no more than 5/sec.
 2. Stop accepting messages after 5 within the last second.

You might also explain your goal.  It could be that you have jumped to a
solution rather than stating the problem.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net
http://www.Vex.Net/ IM:[hidden email]
VoIP: sip:[hidden email]

Re: 5 messages per second

Phil Stracchino
On 06/20/18 10:43, Paul Martin wrote:
> Hello
>
> I would like to send 5 messages per second with postfix.
>
> How can I do that with postfix ?

Do you mean, you are tryuing to achieve 5 messages per second?  You want
to throttle to no more than 5 messages per second?  Something else?
Your question is not clear.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  Landline: +1.603.293.8485
  Mobile:   +1.603.998.6958

Re: 5 messages per second

Paul Martin:
> Hello
>
> I would like to send 5 messages per second with postfix.

Postfix does not have sub-second rate limit, and the support that
it has will result in one message delivery at a time.

Thus, you are limited to, for example, smtp_transport_rate_delay=1
or larger. It is not designed for sending lots of email.

> How can I do that with postfix ?

Maybe with kernel-level traffic shaping, or using some outbound
proxy?

Re: 5 messages per second

Paul Martin
Thanks all,

I would like a smtp client to send to my postfix only 5 messages per second. Maybe these 2 lines answers the questions:

Paul

Paul Martin:
> Hello
>
> I would like to send 5 messages per second with postfix.

Postfix does not have sub-second rate limit, and the support that
it has will result in one message delivery at a time.

Thus, you are limited to, for example, smtp_transport_rate_delay=1
or larger. It is not designed for sending lots of email.

> How can I do that with postfix ?

Maybe with kernel-level traffic shaping, or using some outbound
proxy?

RE: 5 messages per second

Fazzina, Angelo

This does not

anvil_rate_time_unit = 60s

that is when Anvil checks the logs… every minute.  At least I think so.

Yup

anvil_rate_time_unit (default: 60s)

The time unit over which client connection rates and other rates are calculated.

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html

-ANGELO FAZZINA

ITS Service Manager:

Spam and Virus Prevention

Mass Mailing

G Suite/Gmail

[hidden email]

University of Connecticut,  ITS, SSG, Server Systems

860-486-9075

I would like a smtp client to send to my postfix only 5 messages per second. Maybe these 2 lines answers the questions:

Paul

Paul Martin:
> Hello
>
> I would like to send 5 messages per second with postfix.

Postfix does not have sub-second rate limit, and the support that
it has will result in one message delivery at a time.

Thus, you are limited to, for example, smtp_transport_rate_delay=1
or larger. It is not designed for sending lots of email.

> How can I do that with postfix ?

Maybe with kernel-level traffic shaping, or using some outbound
proxy?

        Wietse