AW: Re: no bounce if destination of transport_map not available

AW: Re: no bounce if destination of transport_map not available

list-user
Hi,

thanks for your quick answer and sorry for my late reply.

postfix does not queue these mails because the error code is 550.

Any other suggestions?

----- "Noel Jones" <[hidden email]> schrieb:

> C. V. wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i hope someone can help me with my problem.
> >
> > I setup a transport_map on my front smtp server for some email
> addresses like
> >
> > [hidden email]  smtp:domain.de
> >
> > I am also the maintainer of domain.de. Other email addresses of
> domain.de are hosted on the front smtp server.
> >
> > If i power down the machine which hosts domain.de, the front server
> get's a 550 error and bounces the mails for [hidden email].
> >
> > Is there a way to just queue them for some time until the
> destination server is up again?
> >
> > Thanks
>

> The default behavior of postfix is to queue mail if the
> destination is unreachable.  Maybe some other host is
> responding for your domain (the backup MX or fallback_relay?)
> or maximal_queue_lifetime is set unreasonably short.
>
> Very likely the answer is in the log entry.
>
> If you need more help, show us "postconf -n" and the full log
> entry demonstrating the problem.
> http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

> Noel Jones

Re: AW: Re: no bounce if destination of transport_map not available

Noel Jones-2

C. V. wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > thanks for your quick answer and sorry for my late reply.
 >
 > postfix does not queue these mails because the error code
is 550.

 > Any other suggestions?

Please don't top post.

Who is answering 550 if the host is unreachable?  This
suggests some other host is answering.

The answer is in your logs.

If you need more help, show us full "postconf -n" output and
unmodified log entries demonstrating the problem.  Also see

Noel Jones