Add additional smtp port in postfix

Dino Edwards

Hello all,

I need to add an additional port for postfix to listen for incoming connections (port 2525). Most of the stuff I’ve seen on the Internet simply states to add the following in my master.cf

smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd

2525       inet n        -       n      -        -       smtpd

However, since I have postscreen enabled my

#smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd

Line in my master.cf is commented out, so I’m thinking the config is different in my case. Can someone help with this?

Thanks a lot

Re: Add additional smtp port in postfix

Wietse Venema
> 2525       inet n        -       n      -        -       smtpd

That should work, regardless of what other ports are open, and
regardless of what programs handle those ports.

Re: Add additional smtp port in postfix

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 17.02.18 12:11, Dino Edwards wrote:
>I need to add an additional port for postfix to listen for incoming connections (port 2525).

why?

> Most of the stuff I've seen on the Internet simply states to add the following in my master.cf
>
>smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
>2525       inet n        -       n      -        -       smtpd
>
>However, since I have postscreen enabled my
>
>#smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
>
>Line in my master.cf is commented out, so I'm thinking the config is different in my case. Can someone help with this?

simple - if you run "smtpd" on 2525, smtpd will be run directly, if you add
"postscreen" there, postscreen will run there and pass connections to smtpd.

The main question is, why do you need port other than 25?

Your mouse has moved. Windows NT will now restart for changes to take
to take effect. [OK]

RE: Add additional smtp port in postfix

Dino Edwards

>The main question is, why do you need port other than 25?

Cause Verizon blocks all incoming and outgoing traffic to port 25 unless it's to their SMTP servers and I have an Exchange server that needs to send/receive email through an outside relay.

RE: Add additional smtp port in postfix

John Stoffel-2

>> The main question is, why do you need port other than 25?

Dino> Cause Verizon blocks all incoming and outgoing traffic to port
Dino> 25 unless it's to their SMTP servers and I have an Exchange
Dino> server that needs to send/receive email through an outside
Dino> relay.

Then why don't you setup a relay using port 587 elsewhere which you
login to to send/get emails?  I don't think Verizon blocks that port
at all...

RE: Add additional smtp port in postfix

Dino Edwards

> Then why don't you setup a relay using port 587 elsewhere which you login to to send/get emails?  I don't think Verizon blocks that port at all...

Cause it would be easier to setup the relay to listen on 2525 in addition to port 25 rather than setting up authentication on 587. They are doing something because I can't telnet to port 25 from the Verizon to the relay server.

On 17.02.18 23:00, Dino Edwards wrote:
> Cause it would be easier to setup the relay to listen on 2525 in addition
> to port 25 rather than setting up authentication on 587.  They are doing
> something because I can't telnet to port 25 from the Verizon to the relay
> server.

ok, you don't need postscreen, if ou only allow mail from your relay.
but i would reconsider options for connecting to internet...
"They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
"That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."