Address verification for a single domain

Address verification for a single domain

Diego Vadell-2
Hello everyone,

In order to avoid sending backscattering I'm going to implement
Address Verification (reject_unverified_recipient). Can I skip it for
one domain? If I configure postfix like this:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
    check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/no_reject_unverified_recipient
    reject_unverified_recipient
    [rbls]

And in /etc/postfix/no_reject_unverified_recipient:

domain.tdl   OK

I won't have the rbls check for that domain. I would like to skip just
the reject_unverified_recipient check. Is it possible?

Re: Address verification for a single domain

Noel Jones-2
On 9/19/2018 4:25 PM, Diego Vadell wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> In order to avoid sending backscattering I'm going to implement
> Address Verification (reject_unverified_recipient). Can I skip it for
> one domain? If I configure postfix like this:
>
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>     check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/no_reject_unverified_recipient
>     reject_unverified_recipient
>     [rbls]
>
> And in /etc/postfix/no_reject_unverified_recipient:
>
> domain.tdl   OK
>
> I won't have the rbls check for that domain. I would like to skip just
> the reject_unverified_recipient check. Is it possible?
>
> Thanks,

That's probably not what you want.  Instead, use a pcre or regexp
table.  Something like:

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
  permit_mynetworks
  reject_unauth_destination
  check_recipient_access pcre:/etc/postfix/verify_recipient
  ... other local tests ...

# verify_recipient
/@domain.tld$/  DUNNO
/./  reject_unverified_recipient

Re: Address verification for a single domain

Diego Vadell-2
Yes, that's probably much better, thanks!