Advice smtp-->mailhub+alias --> corporate mailhubs.

Advice smtp-->mailhub+alias --> corporate mailhubs.

Soporte Infraestructura Operativa y Almacenamiento
Hi people:
I feel in need to receive advice from you.
My main experience came from sendmail on Solaris 10 and Solaris 11.

We have this site with Solaris, CentOS, Ubuntu and Windows (with SMTP service) servers.

At first, every server was a SMTP server, but now we want that every box send email to a pair of postfix servers as mailhubs. Our localsite mailhubs are running postfix 2.9.4 on Solaris 10 for X86 (right now I'm planning the migration over CentOS with postfix).

So far I have been able to setup this config but; my problem arises when I need to expand some aliases; this aliases point to local users on some servers and the main mailhubs (corporate) that runs Windows Exchange.

I want to process the alias at our mailhubs since they are only two instead 55 servers and I don't have access  to the Corporate Mailhubs.
So my setup is like
My site servers-------------------> Our Mailhubs ---------> Corporate Mailhubs--->realusers@domain
Cases
1) there is an alias on the local mailhubs

                                                        { alias1 --> finaluser@domain,someuser@mysite-server }
dbauser@domain ---------------> alias1 -------------------> Corporate Mailhubs --> finalrealuser@domain
              ^                \--------------->someuser@mysite-server \
                \                                                                                          |
                  \ ----------------------------------------------------------/

2) there isn't an alias on local mailhubs
dbauser@domain ---------------> no alias -------------------> Corporate Mailhubs --> finalrealuser@domain

As I told you, my idea is make an easier setup where the future admins just modify the alias instead setup that alias on every localsite server.
So my request is some advice to accomplish this task with much hassle.

On networks file I have my ip address blocks

On aliases file I have  for emails to soapbd@domain
soapbd:finalrealuser@domain,soapbd@mysite-server

on transport file
*              smtp:smtpapl.domain

On main.cf
mynetworks = $config_directory/mynetworks
transport_maps =  hash:/etc/opt/csw/postfix/transport

Any help or tutorial really appreciate.

Este mensaje de correo electr?nico, incluidos los archivos adjuntos, es para el uso exclusivo de la persona a la que se ha enviado, y puede contener informaci?n que sea confidencial o protegida legalmente. Si usted no es el destinatario, o ha recibido este mensaje por error, no est? autorizado a copiar, distribuir, o utilizar de alguna manera este mensaje. Por favor notifique inmediatamente al remitente por correo electr?nico y suprimir permanentemente este mensaje y los archivos adjuntos. No se otorga ninguna garant?a de que este e-mail est? libre de errores o virus.
INSTITUTO COSTARRICENSE DE ELECTRICIDAD

Re: Advice smtp-->mailhub+alias --> corporate mailhubs.

Viktor Dukhovni

> On Mar 28, 2017, at 5:23 PM, Soporte Infraestructura Operativa y Almacenamiento <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> So far I have been able to setup this config but; my problem arises
> when I need to expand some aliases; this aliases point to local users
> on some servers and the main mailhubs (corporate) that runs Windows
> Exchange.

Use virtual_alias_maps:

   http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_REWRITING_README.html#virtual
   http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#virtual_alias_maps
   http://www.postfix.org/virtual.5.html

See also:

   http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html#split

Note that virtual(5) rewriting happens for *all* recipients,
not just those with a domain part that is a virtual alias domain.
So do NOT list domains in virtual_alias_domains in the mistaken
belief that this is required for virtual alias rewriting to take
place.