Alter virtual domains MySQL table to insert relay host for some domains

Alter virtual domains MySQL table to insert relay host for some domains

Pau Peris
Hi all,
I'm running a personal Postfix mail server together with Courier for a
virtual domain setup.

By now I have a domains table with a single transport field which is
used by transport_maps directive in order to know if incoming emails
must be delivered locally or need to be sent to the next hop. The
thing is I would like to be able to receive email for domain
example.com, as i've been doing so far, but I also would like to be
able to relay the outgoing emails for example.com to another domain
like smtp-relay.gmail.com. So, after reading the transport [1]
documentation I'm a bit confused.

As I understand I would need to create a new field in the domains
table called relay_transport and edit the $transport_maps MySQL query.
If I understand it correctly, $transport_maps query's result should be
the same as now but for those domains using an external relay the
result should be something like virtual:smtp-relay.gmail.com, is it
right? Also, I just wanted to ask:
1. Is there any misunderstanding in the previous logic?
2. Is $transport_maps MySQL query used in other postfix workflow that
I may missed? I do not want to make changes before understanding their
impact.
3. If I would have to add a user and a password for authenticating to
the relay, which settings should I take into account?

Thanks for your help,

[1] http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html
--
Pau

Aquest correu electrònic conté informació de caràcter confidencial
dirigida exclusivament al seu/s destinatari/s en còpia present. Tant
mateix, queda prohibida la seva divulgació, copia o distribució a
tercers sense prèvia autorització escrita per part de Pau Peris
Rodriguez. En cas d'haver rebut aquesta informació per error, es
demana que es notifiqui immediatament d'aquesta circumstancia
mitjançant la direcció electrònica del emissor.