Any plans to support setting ESMTP arguments with milter?

Any plans to support setting ESMTP arguments with milter?

Nagy, Attila
Hi,

I would like to add DSN parameters to e-mails with milter.

If I set these with smfi_chgfrom and smfi_addrcpt_par, I get:
warning: 3ybBmq5Wxvz43: cleanup_chg_from: ignoring ESMTP arguments
"ret=hdrs envid=qid"

I've read http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html and it mislead me,
because I thought only 2.6 has these limitations, but checking
cleanup_milter.c it seems 3.2 does the same.

Is this hard to do in the postfix mailflow and are there any plans to
remove this limitation from milter?

Re: Any plans to support setting ESMTP arguments with milter?

Wietse Venema
Nagy, Attila:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to add DSN parameters to e-mails with milter.
>
> If I set these with smfi_chgfrom and smfi_addrcpt_par, I get:
> warning: 3ybBmq5Wxvz43: cleanup_chg_from: ignoring ESMTP arguments
> "ret=hdrs envid=qid"
>
> I've read http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html and it mislead me,
> because I thought only 2.6 has these limitations, but checking
> cleanup_milter.c it seems 3.2 does the same.
>
> Is this hard to do in the postfix mailflow and are there any plans to
> remove this limitation from milter?

There are no plans to duplicate a full SMTP command parser in the
Postfix Milter client.

        Wietse