Any way to avoid message duplication after mailing list expansion?

Any way to avoid message duplication after mailing list expansion?

Gianni Sandigliano

Is there any way to avoid message duplication after mailing list expansion?

A quick example:

A message is sent:    to: [hidden email]

                                 cc: [hidden email]

Because theboss is included in Alist (and the sender does not know
it...) two copies of the message are delivered to theboss.

The desired feature would be:
1) avoid delivering to an address in bcc: list when the same address is
already listed in cc: or to:
2) avoid delivering to an address in cc: list when the same address is
already listed in to:

Is this possible in postfix? Could someone point me in the right direction?

Tnks,
Gianni

Re: Any way to avoid message duplication after mailing list expansion?

Gerardo Herzig
Gianni Sandigliano wrote:

> Is there any way to avoid message duplication after mailing list expansion?
>

> A quick example:
>

> A message is sent:    to: [hidden email]
>
>                                 cc: [hidden email]
>
> Because theboss is included in Alist (and the sender does not know
> it...) two copies of the message are delivered to theboss.
>
> The desired feature would be:
> 1) avoid delivering to an address in bcc: list when the same address is
> already listed in cc: or to:
> 2) avoid delivering to an address in cc: list when the same address is
> already listed in to:
>
> Is this possible in postfix? Could someone point me in the right direction?
>
> Tnks,
> Gianni

I think duplicated mail detection should be done at mta-level. If you
are using procmail, there is a simple recipe to do it

:0 Wh: msgid.lock
| formail -D 8192 msgid.cache

HTH
Gerardo

Re: Any way to avoid message duplication after mailing list expansion?

Zhang Huangbin

On Sep 27, 2009, at 1:33 AM, Gianni Sandigliano wrote:

> The desired feature would be:
> 1) avoid delivering to an address in bcc: list when the same address
> is already listed in cc: or to:
> 2) avoid delivering to an address in cc: list when the same address
> is already listed in to:

You need something like 'receive_override_options =
no_address_mappings' in postfix:

Search 'no_address_mappings' here:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html

--
Best Regards.

Zhang Huangbin

- Open Source Mail Server Solution for Red Hat(R) Enterprise Linux,
   CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu: http://www.iredmail.org/