Archiving e-mail?

Ken D'Ambrosio-2
Hi, all.  For documentation-retention reasons, I've been asked to see how
feasible it is to archive all outbound e-mails.  Making copies of in-bound
e-mails is trivial -- pump it through a pipe, use a .forward, whatever.
But how does one do this for all outbound e-mails?

Thanks!

-Ken

Re: Archiving e-mail?

Jason Fesler
> Hi, all.  For documentation-retention reasons, I've been asked to see how
> feasible it is to archive all outbound e-mails.  Making copies of in-bound
> e-mails is trivial -- pump it through a pipe, use a .forward, whatever.
> But how does one do this for all outbound e-mails?

See ADDRESS_REWRITING_README, search for "bcc".

Re: Archiving e-mail?

Charles Marcus
On 5/8/2008, Jason Fesler ([hidden email]) wrote:
>> Hi, all.  For documentation-retention reasons, I've been asked to see how
>> feasible it is to archive all outbound e-mails.  Making copies of in-bound
>> e-mails is trivial -- pump it through a pipe, use a .forward, whatever.
>> But how does one do this for all outbound e-mails?

> See ADDRESS_REWRITING_README, search for "bcc".

Or if you're not averse to commercial software, there is an excellent
and very affordable addon for postfix that will do this and a lot more:

http://www.messagepartners.com/

--

Best regards,

Charles