Auto blacklist email addresses

Josep M. Gassó
Hello.

One spammer has tried about 300 times send me email, always from the
same address, but from about 20 different IP . Never pass verify sender,
always get 450 error....my question is...when one email fail  postfix
verify_sender 4 or 5 times..will be possible auto-blacklist this email
for one week, for example?

I use postfix 2.6.5 and postgrey 1.32

Thanks
Josep

Re: Auto blacklist email addresses

Ralf Hildebrandt
* Josep M. <[hidden email]>:
> Hello.
>
> One spammer has tried about 300 times send me email, always from the
> same address, but from about 20 different IP . Never pass verify sender,
> always get 450 error....my question is...when one email fail  postfix
> verify_sender 4 or 5 times..will be possible auto-blacklist this email
> for one week, for example?

You could use fail2ban for that

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
  [hidden email] | http://www.charite.de

Re: Auto blacklist email addresses

ktm@rice.edu
On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 09:34:56PM +0200, Josep M. wrote:

> Hello.
>
> One spammer has tried about 300 times send me email, always from the
> same address, but from about 20 different IP . Never pass verify sender,
> always get 450 error....my question is...when one email fail  postfix
> verify_sender 4 or 5 times..will be possible auto-blacklist this email
> for one week, for example?
>
> I use postfix 2.6.5 and postgrey 1.32
>

> Thanks
> Josep

Wouldn't that open you up to a DoS attack vector against
valid E-mail addresses sending to you?

Cheers,
Ken

Re: Auto blacklist email addresses

Brian Evans - Postfix List
On 3/29/2010 3:34 PM, Josep M. wrote:

> Hello.
>
> One spammer has tried about 300 times send me email, always from the
> same address, but from about 20 different IP . Never pass verify sender,
> always get 450 error....my question is...when one email fail  postfix
> verify_sender 4 or 5 times..will be possible auto-blacklist this email
> for one week, for example?
>
> I use postfix 2.6.5 and postgrey 1.32

Google fail2ban or similar log scanning utility.

 Postfix only ever looks into a single transaction.

Re: Auto blacklist email addresses

Josep M. Gassó
Hello Ralph.

Fail2ban can blacklist email addresses too? I want reject email
addresses, not block IPs.

Thanks
Josep

* Josep M. <[hidden email]>:
> Hello Ralph.
>
> Fail2ban can blacklist email addresses too? I want reject email
> addresses, not block IPs.

All you have to do is call a script instead of iptables.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
  Campus Benjamin Franklin
  Hindenburgdamm 30 | D-12203 Berlin
  Tel. +49 30 450 570 155 | Fax: +49 30 450 570 962
  [hidden email] | http://www.charite.de

Re: Auto blacklist email addresses

lst_hoe02
Zitat von "Josep M." <[hidden email]>:

> Hello.
>
> One spammer has tried about 300 times send me email, always from the
> same address, but from about 20 different IP . Never pass verify sender,
> always get 450 error....my question is...when one email fail  postfix
> verify_sender 4 or 5 times..will be possible auto-blacklist this email
> for one week, for example?
>
> I use postfix 2.6.5 and postgrey 1.32

If it don't pass your restrictions, don't bother. If you built
extensive lists of IP-addresses/e-mail addresses you have to manage
those to prevent future errors so most of the time it isn't worth the
effort.

Regards

Andreas

smime.p7s (8K) Download Attachment