Automatically reply with the right email address from virtual domains?

Automatically reply with the right email address from virtual domains?

Gary Fung
I have setup virtual domains example1.com and example2.com such that
[hidden email] and [hidden email] goes to the same unix user. This
works great except during reply, they both reply with the same from
address that my MUA have assigned. Is it possible for postfix to rewrite
the "from" address depending on which virutal domain the email came from?

Re: Automatically reply with the right email address from virtual domains?

Magnus Bäck
On Wednesday, July 02, 2008 at 23:33 CEST,
     Gary Fung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have setup virtual domains example1.com and example2.com such that
> [hidden email] and [hidden email] goes to the same unix user. This
> works great except during reply, they both reply with the same from
> address that my MUA have assigned. Is it possible for postfix to rewrite
> the "from" address depending on which virutal domain the email came from?

No, this is a MUA issue. How would Postfix know which virtual domain the
email came from if the correct sender address isn't set from the start?

Magnus Bäck

Re: Automatically reply with the right email address from virtual domains?

Gary Fung:
> I have setup virtual domains example1.com and example2.com such that
> [hidden email] and [hidden email] goes to the same unix user. This
> works great except during reply, they both reply with the same from
> address that my MUA have assigned. Is it possible for postfix to rewrite
> the "from" address depending on which virutal domain the email came from?

No, for the simple reason that the mail that Postfix receives does
not "come from" different virtual domains.

        Wietse