Autoresponder

Marcio Luciano Donada
Hi list,
I am using the autoresponder to send holiday of users. But to enable it,
type the queue problems with e-mail has increased significantly and also
with the delivery of messages that were passed to autorespoder not
arrived in the User's

My configuration: (master.cf)

smtp      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
   -o content_filter=autoresponder:dummy

autoresponder unix - n n - - pipe
     flags=Fq user=autoresponse argv=/usr/local/sbin/autoresponse -s
${sender} -r ${recipient} -S ${sasl_username} -C ${client_address}

in main.cf
autoresponder_destination_recipient_limit = 1

My question is, that makes any e-mail passing through autoresponse. What
I would like to happen is that only to be sent to the user autoresponse
that has enabled it. Does anyone have a about this?

--
Márcio Luciano Donada <mdonada -at- auroraalimentos -dot- com -dot- br>
Aurora Alimentos - Cooperativa Central Oeste Catarinense
Departamento de T.I.
Vacation in 3 days!!!

Re: Autoresponder

samix
Hey,

* You may have to use a combination of lookup + transport, ie use either a hash, RDBMS map to query which users have autoresponder enabled and then feed those mails to the transport autoresponder

Regards,
Muhammed Sameer

> I am using the autoresponder to send holiday of users. But
> to enable it,
> type the queue problems with e-mail has increased
> significantly and also
> with the delivery of messages that were passed to
> autorespoder not
> arrived in the User's
>
> My configuration: (master.cf)
>
> smtp      inet  n
>    -       -
>      -
>    -       smtpd
>    -o content_filter=autoresponder:dummy
>
> autoresponder unix - n n - - pipe
>      flags=Fq user=autoresponse
> argv=/usr/local/sbin/autoresponse -s
> ${sender} -r ${recipient} -S ${sasl_username} -C
> ${client_address}
>

> in main.cf
> autoresponder_destination_recipient_limit = 1
>
> My question is, that makes any e-mail passing through
> autoresponse. What
> I would like to happen is that only to be sent to the user
> autoresponse
> that has enabled it. Does anyone have a about this?
>
> --
> Márcio Luciano Donada <mdonada -at- auroraalimentos
> -dot- com -dot- br>
> Aurora Alimentos - Cooperativa Central Oeste Catarinense
> Departamento de T.I.
> Vacation in 3 days!!!

Re: Autoresponder

Márcio Luciano Donada a écrit :

> Hi list,
> I am using the autoresponder to send holiday of users. But to enable it,
> type the queue problems with e-mail has increased significantly and also
> with the delivery of messages that were passed to autorespoder not
> arrived in the User's
>
> My configuration: (master.cf)
>
> smtp      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd
>    -o content_filter=autoresponder:dummy
>
> autoresponder unix - n n - - pipe
>      flags=Fq user=autoresponse argv=/usr/local/sbin/autoresponse -s
> ${sender} -r ${recipient} -S ${sasl_username} -C ${client_address}
>

> in main.cf
> autoresponder_destination_recipient_limit = 1
>
> My question is, that makes any e-mail passing through autoresponse. What
> I would like to happen is that only to be sent to the user autoresponse
> that has enabled it. Does anyone have a about this?

Writing a vacation auto-responder is not easy. There are way too many
borked auto-responders. so please don't add yet another one.

if you use dovecot, then use its vacation plugin.
if you use "local" accounts, then use the "old" vacation program.

if you want to write your own, then take the time to read and understand
RFC 3834
        http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3834
If you find this hard, then please understand that it is hard for us
when we get unsollicited auto-responses (search the web for "backscatter").