BARRACUDA DOWN

Homer Wilson Smith

      Running latest postfix on FC3.

      Our incoming mail servers send selected domains to our
barracuda anti spam machine using entries in the transport file.

tcatmail.com smtp:[barracuda.lightlink.com]

      If the barracuda were to ever go down, I trust that e-mail would be
queued, until the barracuda came back.

      If the barracuda were to STAY down for an extended period of time,
can I just change the transport file, or get rid of it, to redirect the
ALREADY QUEUED mail to its proper destinations?

      Thanks in advance,

      Homer

Homer Wilson Smith     The Paths of Lovers    Art Matrix - Lightlink
(607) 277-0959 KC2ITF        Cross            Internet Access, Ithaca NY
[hidden email]    In the Line of Duty    http://www.lightlink.com

Re: BARRACUDA DOWN

Brian Evans - Postfix List
Homer Wilson Smith wrote:

>      Running latest postfix on FC3.
>
>      Our incoming mail servers send selected domains to our
> barracuda anti spam machine using entries in the transport file.
>
> tcatmail.com smtp:[barracuda.lightlink.com]
>
>      If the barracuda were to ever go down, I trust that e-mail would
> be queued, until the barracuda came back.
>
>      If the barracuda were to STAY down for an extended period of
> time, can I just change the transport file, or get rid of it, to
> redirect the ALREADY QUEUED mail to its proper destinations?
Yes. Then, requeue the mail using 'postsuper -r ALL'

Brian

Re: BARRACUDA DOWN

Homer Wilson Smith:

>       Running latest postfix on FC3.
>
>       Our incoming mail servers send selected domains to our
> barracuda anti spam machine using entries in the transport file.
>
> tcatmail.com smtp:[barracuda.lightlink.com]
>
>       If the barracuda were to ever go down, I trust that e-mail would be
> queued, until the barracuda came back.
>
>       If the barracuda were to STAY down for an extended period of time,
> can I just change the transport file, or get rid of it, to redirect the
> ALREADY QUEUED mail to its proper destinations?

You can change the transport map or relayhost settings at any point
in time. "postsuper -r" is a waste of time since you are only changing
the next-hop destination host.

        Wietse