BCC to a local account

Stephen Carville
I am trying to bcc all mail to a prticular user (currently
[hidden email]) to a local account (mrcar).

I tried to setting an entry in recipient_bcc_maps:

  /mrctest\@lereta.com/         mrcar

but that just returns "status=deferred (unknown mail transport error)"

I also tried

  /mrctest\@lereta.com/         [hidden email]

with the same result.

Is this even possible?  If it is how can I make it work.

--
Stephen Carville
Serf Without Portfolio

Do not become so fixated on the cheese at the end of the maze that you
forget the real goal is to escape from the lab.

Re: BCC to a local account

Noel Jones-2
On 9/20/2018 4:10 PM, Stephen Carville wrote:

> I am trying to bcc all mail to a prticular user (currently
> [hidden email]) to a local account (mrcar).
>
> I tried to setting an entry in recipient_bcc_maps:
>
>   /mrctest\@lereta.com/         mrcar
>
> but that just returns "status=deferred (unknown mail transport error)"
>
> I also tried
>
>   /mrctest\@lereta.com/         [hidden email]
>
> with the same result.
>
> Is this even possible?  If it is how can I make it work.

Yes, it should work.  Here's an example using the inline: map type.

# main.cf

recipient_bcc_maps =
    inline:{[hidden email]=[hidden email]}

Re: BCC to a local account

Stephen Carville

On 09/20/2018 02:57 PM, Noel Jones wrote:

> On 9/20/2018 4:10 PM, Stephen Carville wrote:
>> I am trying to bcc all mail to a prticular user (currently
>> [hidden email]) to a local account (mrcar).
>>
>> I tried to setting an entry in recipient_bcc_maps:
>>
>> /mrctest\@lereta.com/         mrcar
>>
>> but that just returns "status=deferred (unknown mail transport
>> error)"
>>
>> I also tried
>>
>> /mrctest\@lereta.com/         [hidden email]
>>
>> with the same result.
>>
>> Is this even possible?  If it is how can I make it work.
>>

> Yes, it should work.  Here's an example using the inline: map
> type.
>
> # main.cf
>
> recipient_bcc_maps =
> inline:{[hidden email]=[hidden email]}

Thank you.

Turns out the problem was I was using a machine name that resolved to
an IP that was strictly internal.  When I switched to the internal
name the forwarder worked as expected.

Add a procmail recipe and -- viola! -- management is happy.

> -- Noel Jones

- --

@lbutlr
On 21 Sep 2018, at 10:07, Stephen Carville <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Add a procmail recipe

One of these days, and a joyous day it will be, someone is going to take up the mantle of procmail maintainer and rewrite it to be modern, fast, and stable, No no, I hear your protests, but it's going to happen. Someday.

(totally random, but oddly appropriate, signature follows)

--
The thing standing in the way of your dreams is that the person having them is
*you* https://xkcd.com/1027/

Re: BCC to a local account

B. Reino
(Excuse the off-topic message but, see below, I cannot reach Mr. Carville)

Dear Mr. Carville,

I noticed that when you send an e-mail to the postfix mailing list, my
mail server (mail.reinob.de, 5.189.132.144) tries to send a DMARC report
to your mail server, i.e. to [hidden email], as per your DMARC
record (it is also sent to [hidden email], which
does not cause any problems).

However your server then rejects my DMARC report:

<[hidden email]>: host mx02.lereta.com[198.204.112.74] said:
     554 5.7.1 <mail.reinob.de[5.189.132.144]>: Client host rejected:
     reject_by_client blacklist (in reply to RCPT TO command)

AFAIK mail.reinob.de is not in any blacklist and has never been used to
send spam (it's my private e-mail server, used strictly by me and my
family).

Could you let me know which blacklists you are using?
(and if you manage the list, could you please remove my server from it?)

Thank you in advance,

--
Bernardo Reino.