Backup mails to cloud

akuchkartay
Hello I would like to ask if it is possible to automatically backup mails sent/received by postfix to cloud storage services like Google cloud storage, amazon s3, rackspace cloud files (or other openstack swift compatible cloud)?

Anvar Kuchkartaev

Re: Backup mails to cloud

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 10.10.17 22:25, Anvar Kuchkartaev wrote:
>   Hello I would like to ask if it is possible to automatically backup mails
>   sent/received by postfix to cloud storage services like Google cloud
>   storage, amazon s3, rackspace cloud files (or other openstack swift
>   compatible cloud)?

it is technically possible, but not business of postfix.

you can use
- always_bcc or sender_bcc_maps/recipient_bcc_maps to redirect mail to user
   that will archive it
- milter
- other kind of content_filter

if you alreasy use some kinf of content filter, look if it doesn't have
archiving capabilities.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

Re: Backup mails to cloud

akuchkartay
Are there any articles/guidelines/examples available how to do it?

Anvar Kuchkartaev
[hidden email]

On 11.10.17 10:44, Anvar Kuchkartaev wrote:
>Are there any articles/guidelines/examples available how to do it?

it's possible, but searching the web for solution is up to you.

Honk if you love peace and quiet.

Re: Backup mails to cloud

> On Oct 10, 2017, at 4:25 PM, Anvar Kuchkartaev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello I would like to ask if it is possible to automatically backup mails sent/received by postfix to cloud storage services like Google cloud storage, amazon s3, rackspace cloud files (or other openstack swift compatible cloud)?

Are you trying to provide mailbox recovery to users, or archive
email traffic?  The two problems are very different.