Berkeley DB and new install

@lbutlr
I know that the Berkeley DB still works in postfix if compiled with that option, but is it the best choice for a new install of postfix?

I have only a couple of tables that use it, but since I am moving entirely to a new machine and new compiles, I don't want to drag along an "old" format if I don't need to.

What other options are there for a virtual table in the form of

[hidden email]     [hidden email]

or the similar alias table

user:  otheruser

(alias is used entirely on my system to redirect mail to the root account from names like admin, daemon, etc)

I mean, I could move them all into my virtual_prce file relatively easily if that is best?

Re: Berkeley DB and new install

A. Schulze

@lbutlr:

> I know that the Berkeley DB still works in postfix if compiled with
> that option, but is it the best choice for a new install of postfix?
no

> I have only a couple of tables that use it, but since I am moving
> entirely to a new machine and new compiles, I don't want to drag
> along an "old" format if I don't need to.
>

> What other options are there for a virtual table in the form of
>
> [hidden email]     [hidden email]
>
> or the similar alias table
>
> user:  otheruser
>
> (alias is used entirely on my system to redirect mail to the root
> account from names like admin, daemon, etc)
>
> I mean, I could move them all into my virtual_prce file relatively
> easily if that is best?

I'm not limited while using only lmdb, texthash, pcre, ldap or sql

Andreas