Blocked by yahoo.com

Robert Mann
Even though this is not a postfix specific issue I was hoping someone in the community could help with this issue.

We recently changed IP addresses as we purchased a /24 to use as we plan to move Internet service provides in the near future.

Once we did this we now get the following from yahoo.com when trying to send email to anyone on their system.

[hidden email]: host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[67.195.229.59] said: 553 5.7.2
[TSS09] All messages from x.x.x.x will be permanently deferred;
Retrying will NOT succeed. See
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3436.html (in reply to MAIL FROM
command)

We have insured that we have forward and reverse dns setup correctly.  We do DMARC, DKIM and SPF for the email we send out.

I have sent several requests via the yahoo postmaster portal to resolve this but it has been weeks now with no resolution.  The portal is more for yahoo.com users and not bulk email senders like us.

We don't send spam or marketing emails.  We do have websites that send out newsletters, alerts and business email.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions or even know of a service that can help with these types of issues?

Re: Blocked by yahoo.com

Luciano Mannucci
On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 09:55:49 -0800
"Robert Mann" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions or even know of a service that can
> help with these types of issues?
You may try to check your IP address reputation. For that I usually use
https://mxtoolbox.com/ which is just one of the many around.

Hope it helps,

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250
  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL    /  E-MAIL: [hidden email]
 / \  AND POSTINGS        /   WWW: http://www.lesassaie.IT/

Re: Blocked by yahoo.com

Paul C
mxtoolbox is a great tool to see almost all blacklists on your ips, as
Luciano mentioned, but yahoo doesn't report their own blacklists so
that tool can only tell you if the ips have been blacklisted in other
places. TSS09 is the same as yahoo's old TS03 which is a permanent
block as the message tells you, along with the 500+ error code meaning
it's not temporary. I don't think yahoo would remove it, they may, but
isn't worth the trouble in my opinion, they will likely not tell you
much except keep linking a best practices web page even after you keep
repeating that you just got the ips (or anything else you say). I have
dealt with this myself before, if they do end up helping you I would
be interested in hearing the process, but just try to get new ips,
whether you change providers or not.

I can tell you there is no service anywhere that can help you and that
no one on this list can either. It has nothing to do with your dns
setup or the email you send, ips were blocked before you got them, and
yahoo doesn't listen to you because they have no way of knowing if you
are the same mailer who was blocked claiming the same story. not all
ips on the /24 may be blocked so if you are stuck with these ips test
them all, but I would replace that entire /24 if you can as the
reputation of that subnet has already been ruined.

Paul

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 12:55 PM Robert Mann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Even though this is not a postfix specific issue I was hoping someone in the community could help with this issue.
>
> We recently changed IP addresses as we purchased a /24 to use as we plan to move Internet service provides in the near future.
>
> Once we did this we now get the following from yahoo.com when trying to send email to anyone on their system.
>
> [hidden email]: host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[67.195.229.59] said: 553 5.7.2
> [TSS09] All messages from x.x.x.x will be permanently deferred;
> Retrying will NOT succeed. See
> https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3436.html (in reply to MAIL FROM
> command)
>
> We have insured that we have forward and reverse dns setup correctly.  We do DMARC, DKIM and SPF for the email we send out.
>
> I have sent several requests via the yahoo postmaster portal to resolve this but it has been weeks now with no resolution.  The portal is more for yahoo.com users and not bulk email senders like us.
>
> We don't send spam or marketing emails.  We do have websites that send out newsletters, alerts and business email.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions or even know of a service that can help with these types of issues?

Re: Blocked by yahoo.com

Mauricio Tavares
On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 2:51 PM Paul C <[hidden email]> wrote:

> mxtoolbox is a great tool to see almost all blacklists on your ips, as
> Luciano mentioned, but yahoo doesn't report their own blacklists so
> that tool can only tell you if the ips have been blacklisted in other
> places. TSS09 is the same as yahoo's old TS03 which is a permanent
> block as the message tells you, along with the 500+ error code meaning
> it's not temporary. I don't think yahoo would remove it, they may, but
> isn't worth the trouble in my opinion, they will likely not tell you
> much except keep linking a best practices web page even after you keep
> repeating that you just got the ips (or anything else you say). I have
> dealt with this myself before, if they do end up helping you I would
> be interested in hearing the process, but just try to get new ips,
> whether you change providers or not.
>
> I can tell you there is no service anywhere that can help you and that
> no one on this list can either. It has nothing to do with your dns
> setup or the email you send, ips were blocked before you got them, and
> yahoo doesn't listen to you because they have no way of knowing if you
> are the same mailer who was blocked claiming the same story. not all
> ips on the /24 may be blocked so if you are stuck with these ips test
> them all, but I would replace that entire /24 if you can as the
> reputation of that subnet has already been ruined.

      I find amusing they are taking this heavy handled approach with
a "we are not let the likes of you make out garden insecure, scum!"
and yet how many times they got hacked?

> Paul
>

> On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 12:55 PM Robert Mann <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Even though this is not a postfix specific issue I was hoping someone in the community could help with this issue.
> >
> > We recently changed IP addresses as we purchased a /24 to use as we plan to move Internet service provides in the near future.
> >
> > Once we did this we now get the following from yahoo.com when trying to send email to anyone on their system.
> >
> > [hidden email]: host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[67.195.229.59] said: 553 5.7.2
> > [TSS09] All messages from x.x.x.x will be permanently deferred;
> > Retrying will NOT succeed. See
> > https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3436.html (in reply to MAIL FROM
> > command)
> >
> > We have insured that we have forward and reverse dns setup correctly.  We do DMARC, DKIM and SPF for the email we send out.
> >
> > I have sent several requests via the yahoo postmaster portal to resolve this but it has been weeks now with no resolution.  The portal is more for yahoo.com users and not bulk email senders like us.
> >
> > We don't send spam or marketing emails.  We do have websites that send out newsletters, alerts and business email.
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions or even know of a service that can help with these types of issues?

RE: Blocked by yahoo.com

John anderson-2
Not disputing the below information, but was curious as we have been researching DMARC is it possible (perhaps a different destination not yahoo), that it has something to do with the DMARC report showing one thing and now it shows something else. I am just getting spun up on DMARC and learning about how it handles policy - so please think of this question more along the lines of wanting more info on that subject. I guess to be more clear - is it possible that a DMARC enabled recipient could reject mail from a domain because the IP changed to a different address at least temporarily?

Many thanks in advance for your patience and consideration!

mxtoolbox is a great tool to see almost all blacklists on your ips, as Luciano mentioned, but yahoo doesn't report their own blacklists so that tool can only tell you if the ips have been blacklisted in other places. TSS09 is the same as yahoo's old TS03 which is a permanent block as the message tells you, along with the 500+ error code meaning it's not temporary. I don't think yahoo would remove it, they may, but isn't worth the trouble in my opinion, they will likely not tell you much except keep linking a best practices web page even after you keep repeating that you just got the ips (or anything else you say). I have dealt with this myself before, if they do end up helping you I would be interested in hearing the process, but just try to get new ips, whether you change providers or not.

I can tell you there is no service anywhere that can help you and that no one on this list can either. It has nothing to do with your dns setup or the email you send, ips were blocked before you got them, and yahoo doesn't listen to you because they have no way of knowing if you are the same mailer who was blocked claiming the same story. not all ips on the /24 may be blocked so if you are stuck with these ips test them all, but I would replace that entire /24 if you can as the reputation of that subnet has already been ruined.

Paul

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 12:55 PM Robert Mann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Even though this is not a postfix specific issue I was hoping someone in the community could help with this issue.
>
> We recently changed IP addresses as we purchased a /24 to use as we plan to move Internet service provides in the near future.
>
> Once we did this we now get the following from yahoo.com when trying to send email to anyone on their system.
>
> [hidden email]: host mta7.am0.yahoodns.net[67.195.229.59] said: 553
> 5.7.2 [TSS09] All messages from x.x.x.x will be permanently deferred;
> Retrying will NOT succeed. See
> https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN3436.html (in reply to MAIL
> FROM
> command)
>
> We have insured that we have forward and reverse dns setup correctly.  We do DMARC, DKIM and SPF for the email we send out.
>
> I have sent several requests via the yahoo postmaster portal to resolve this but it has been weeks now with no resolution.  The portal is more for yahoo.com users and not bulk email senders like us.
>
> We don't send spam or marketing emails.  We do have websites that send out newsletters, alerts and business email.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions or even know of a service that can help with these types of issues?

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager immediately. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Chickasaw Nation Industries, Inc. and any of its subsidiaries. Recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Chickasaw Nation Industries, Inc. and its subsidiaries accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Re: Blocked by yahoo.com

Phil Stracchino
On 1/30/19 3:17 PM, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>       I find amusing [Yahoo] are taking this heavy handled approach with
> a "we are not let the likes of you make out garden insecure, scum!"
> and yet how many times they got hacked?

Ah, but that's DIFFERENT...

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  Landline: +1.603.293.8485
  Mobile:   +1.603.998.6958

Re: Blocked by yahoo.com

Philip
Hi there,

I had this exact issue when I first started warming up the IP I was
sending my company email from.  Any email going to a Yahoo server you
need to throttle heavily as if you try and send to much too quickly you
will get your IP blocked.  When yahoo blocks you - because of this it
takes a while for them to start accepting email from you again.  If you
join their Postmaster Feedback Loop program you can generally get in
contact with someone about your IP blocks.

This might help - or it might not - Just part of my experience.

Regards,

Phil

@lbutlr
On 30 Jan 2019, at 16:26, Philip <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  had this exact issue when I first started warming up the IP I was sending my company email from.  Any email going to a Yahoo server you need to throttle heavily as if you try and send to much too quickly you will get your IP blocked.

I "solved" this issue a long time ago by rejecting all mail to or from Yahoo. When they connect to my server they get a failure notice that I don't accept connections from a company that leeks 3 billion people's passwords.

There's been no fallout from this at all, other than I know some people have abandoned yahoo.com because of it.

I do not trust yahoo one bit, and I won't allow them on my network. Long before I decide to blacklist them, they were absolutely horrible anyway. A constant stream of spam and malware, no response to enquiries, and making persona mail from users in the yahoo serf's mailbox as spam for reasons no one could ever explain The only company nearly as bad was rr.com, whom I also blacklisted.

periodically I check my logs to see what is going on and I am happy to report I see very few connections form Yahoo and, as I expect, they are all obvious spam.

May not work for anyone else, but it works for my server.

When you come to the fork in the road, take it

Re: Blocked by yahoo.com

Steffan A. Cline
I know I’m late to the game but has this been tried yet?

I did it before and they responded. It took a while but they did finally take care of the issue for me.

Thanks,
Steffan