Building recipient maps from Exchange/O365

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Building recipient maps from Exchange/O365

John Regan
Hi,

Is it possible for postfix to directly access the email addresses or userlist from an Exchange server using either LDAP or AD? Perhaps someone has an external script that can be used to build the recipient maps?

The results from my search have produced only other people looking unsuccessfully and posts that pre-date O365.

Thanks,
John

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building recipient maps from Exchange/O365

Viktor Dukhovni
On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 07:03:12AM -0500, John Regan wrote:

> Is it possible for postfix to directly access the email addresses or
> userlist from an Exchange server using either LDAP or AD? Perhaps someone
> has an external script that can be used to build the recipient maps?

Postfix has LDAP table support, documented at:

    http://www.postfix.org/LDAP_README.html
    http://www.postfix.org/ldap_table.5.html

In Exchange, the core of the lookup table is typically:

    domain = example.com
    query_filter = proxyAddresses=smtp:%s
    result_attribute = mail

but some other lookup key or result may be more appropriate.  I have
nothing informative to say about Office365.

--
    Viktor.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building recipient maps from Exchange/O365

Curtis Maurand
In reply to this post by John Regan
it should be.  use ldap.  active directory is  nothing but a glorified ldap server and listens on port 389.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 9, 2020, at 7:04 AM, John Regan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> 
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible for postfix to directly access the email addresses or userlist from an Exchange server using either LDAP or AD? Perhaps someone has an external script that can be used to build the recipient maps?
>
> The results from my search have produced only other people looking unsuccessfully and posts that pre-date O365.
>
> Thanks,
> John
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building recipient maps from Exchange/O365

Postfix User-2
On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 07:56:53 -0500, Curtis Maurand stated:

>it should be.  use ldap.  active directory is  nothing but a glorified
>ldap server and listens on port 389.

If it were ldap over ssl the port is 636 I believe.

--
Gerard
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building recipient maps from Exchange/O365

Curtis Maurand


On 2/9/20 12:39 PM, Gerard E. Seibert wrote:
> On Sun, 9 Feb 2020 07:56:53 -0500, Curtis Maurand stated:
>
>> it should be.  use ldap.  active directory is  nothing but a glorified
>> ldap server and listens on port 389.
> If it were ldap over ssl the port is 636 I believe.
>
I stand corrected.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Building recipient maps from Exchange/O365

Patrick Proniewski
In reply to this post by John Regan
Hi,

I'm using an hourly shell script to retrieve from our AD the proper LDAP records, and an AWK script to transform this output into an alias map (our Exchange setup uses a different internal address from the public external address). This alias map is later used to create a list of allowed recipient addresses. We use on premise AD and Exchange, nothing in the cloud.

pat


> On 09 févr. 2020, at 13:03, John Regan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible for postfix to directly access the email addresses or userlist from an Exchange server using either LDAP or AD? Perhaps someone has an external script that can be used to build the recipient maps?
>
> The results from my search have produced only other people looking unsuccessfully and posts that pre-date O365.
>
> Thanks,
> John
>