Cache for smtpd_recipient_restrictions????

Cache for smtpd_recipient_restrictions????

SysAdmin EM
Hello,

I would like to know if there is any way to implement cache for the smtpd_recipient_restrictions parameter?

I use MySql to store a table full of non-existent users, which I was saving from email accounts that have been compromised by viruses on the PC.

Any recommendation?

Re: Cache for smtpd_recipient_restrictions????

Noel Jones-2

On 3/30/2021 8:17 AM, SysAdmin EM wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if there is any way to implement cache for the
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions parameter?
>
> I use MySql to store a table full of non-existent users, which I was
> saving from email accounts that have been compromised by viruses on
> the PC.
>
> Any recommendation?
>
> Regards,

It's not clear exactly what you're asking for...
Please clearly explain the problem you're trying to solve for more
specific answers.

Postfix should automatically reject unknown recipients without
needing a specific list to reject, unless these are valid recipients
that should not receive mail.

If your SQL lookups are too slow, look into optimizing that. Using
the postfix proxymap interface can help by consolidating connections
to the database.
http://www.postfix.org/proxymap.8.html

A step further would be to periodically dump your SQL data to a cdb
database. These scale to millions of records with very low latency
and low resource usage.
http://www.postfix.org/CDB_README.html

Or switch to LMDB.
http://www.postfix.org/LMDB_README.html