Calendar & Contacts

Mal

Calendar & Contacts

Mal
Greetings..

Interested to hear from those running a Postfix(MTA)/Dovecot(IMAP) combo
on what contacts & calendar server projects they are having success with.

Mal

Mal.asc (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Calendar & Contacts

Philip Paeps
On 2017-12-27 13:08:44 (+1030), Mal wrote:
>Interested to hear from those running a Postfix(MTA)/Dovecot(IMAP)
>combo on what contacts & calendar server projects they are having
>success with.

I run Nextcloud.

It's implemented in PHP (of all things) so you definitely want to lock
it up in a jail.  It stores its data in a PostgreSQL database (or
possibly other kinds of databases -- I haven't looked).

If you're on FreeBSD, you can install it in a fresh jail with `pkg
install nextcloud`.  The documentation is fairly comprehensive.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps
Senior Reality Engineer
Ministry of Information
mj

Re: Calendar & Contacts

mj
We're very happy with sogo. (https://sogo.nu/)

MJ

On 12/27/2017 08:40 AM, Philip Paeps wrote:

> On 2017-12-27 13:08:44 (+1030), Mal wrote:
>> Interested to hear from those running a Postfix(MTA)/Dovecot(IMAP)
>> combo on what contacts & calendar server projects they are having
>> success with.
>
> I run Nextcloud.
>
> It's implemented in PHP (of all things) so you definitely want to lock
> it up in a jail.  It stores its data in a PostgreSQL database (or
> possibly other kinds of databases -- I haven't looked).
>
> If you're on FreeBSD, you can install it in a fresh jail with `pkg
> install nextcloud`.  The documentation is fairly comprehensive.
>
> Philip

RE: Calendar & Contacts

L.P.H. van Belle
Hai,

Kopano with nextcloud, z-push and webapp with files plugin rules here.
Very good combo, bit harder to setup, but very compatible with lots of different devices.

Greetz,

Louis

Re: Calendar & Contacts

Erwan David
Le 12/27/17 à 03:38, Mal a écrit :
> Greetings..
>
> Interested to hear from those running a Postfix(MTA)/Dovecot(IMAP) combo
> on what contacts & calendar server projects they are having success with.
>
> Mal

I use nextcloud as contact & calendar server.

Re: Calendar & Contacts

Michael Reck
Am 27.12.2017 um 03:38 schrieb Mal:
> Greetings..
>
> Interested to hear from those running a Postfix(MTA)/Dovecot(IMAP) combo
> on what contacts & calendar server projects they are having success with.
>
> Mal

Hi,

We have Horde, flavor "webmail edition".
https://www.horde.org/apps/webmail

The most clients can be used with "ActiveSync" emulation embedded in
Horde. Only Outlook on mac (Entourage) has no ActiveSync (and no
plug-in/extension capability AFAIK). But these users tend to favor Apple
Mail and Calendar which both work.

Greets
Michael

Re: Calendar & Contacts

Liutauras Adomaitis
Kolab - by default it is using Cyrus IMAP, not Dovecot. SMTP server is Postfix by default. Supports *dav, ActiveSync. Roundcube as webmail.

Liutauras