Can't enable SASL authentication

Chris Walker
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone here can help me with a problem that I'm having.
I've run into an issue where I cannot enable SASL authentication.

My configuration is as follows:
  * Slackware 64-bit 14.2
  * cyrus-sasl 2.1.26 (recompiled with LDAP support)
  * postfix 3.3.1 (with LDAP support and cyrus-sasl support)

My main.cf contains:
  cyrus_sasl_config_path = /etc/sasl2
  smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes

postconf -d produces:
  cyrus_sasl_config_path =
  smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = no

Has anyone run into this?  If so, how did you fix this?  Is this a known
bug?

Thanks for your help,
Chris

Re: Can't enable SASL authentication

Bill Cole-3
On 29 Sep 2018, at 21:01, Chris Walker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone here can help me with a problem that I'm
> having.
> I've run into an issue where I cannot enable SASL authentication.
>
> My configuration is as follows:
>   * Slackware 64-bit 14.2
>   * cyrus-sasl 2.1.26 (recompiled with LDAP support)
>   * postfix 3.3.1 (with LDAP support and cyrus-sasl support)
>
> My main.cf contains:
>   cyrus_sasl_config_path = /etc/sasl2
>   smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
>
> postconf -d produces:

The default settings for postfix, not the configured settings. Try 'man
postconf' for details...

>   cyrus_sasl_config_path =
>   smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = no

Like that.

Looks fine to me...

Re: Can't enable SASL authentication

Chris Walker
Ah.  That would explain why the value isn't changing for my configuration.
Thanks for pointing this out, It's getting kind of late here and I'm getting
a bit loopy.