Choose transport from sender domain?

Brice Figureau-13
Hi,

I have a postfix (2.5.5) setup used both to send/receive our company
e-mail and at the same time a few mailing lists (managed by sympa on
another domain).

Let's say I want to "separate" both outbound traffic, by binding the
smtp sender daemon to a different IP address depending on if I send
corporate e-mail or an e-mail from the mailing lists.

I know how to define a transport to do that, but the next-hop is chosen
by looking-up the destination domain (which makes perfectly sense) and
not the source domain.

How is it possible to chose the transport from the source domain?
Is multi-instance my only chance?

Thanks for the answer,
--
Brice Figureau
My Blog: http://www.masterzen.fr/

Re: Choose transport from sender domain?

Barney Desmond
2009/9/15 Brice Figureau <[hidden email]>:
> I know how to define a transport to do that, but the next-hop is chosen
> by looking-up the destination domain (which makes perfectly sense) and
> not the source domain.
>
> How is it possible to chose the transport from the source domain?
> Is multi-instance my only chance?

It sounds like you want sender_dependent_relayhost_maps:
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#sender_dependent_relayhost_maps

I'm not sure if you can specify any sort of transport here though.
This is a reasonably common question, usually wanting to force a
specific src-IP for a given sender-domain. As far as I know you need
multiple instances to do that, then you feed them with
sender_dependent_relayhost_maps accordingly.