Configure failure on 5.x kernels?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Configure failure on 5.x kernels?

Phil Stracchino
I don't know if this is Gentoo specific.  Is anyone else running into a
configure failure on 5.x kernels because Postfix's configure doesn't
believe in 5.x kernels yet?


make -j16 makefiles shared=yes dynamicmaps=no pie=yes
shlib_directory=/usr/lib64/postfix/MAIL_VERSION DEBUG=
CC=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc 'OPT=-march=native -O2 -pipe -mfpmath=sse
-mcx16 -mpopcnt -Wno-comment' 'CCARGS=-DHAS_PCRE -DUSE_TLS -DHAS_LMDB
-DUSE_SASL_AUTH -DUSE_CYRUS_SASL -I/usr/include/sasl -DNO_NIS -DNO_DB
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE'
'AUXLIBS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -ldl -lpam -lssl -lcrypto -lsasl2'
AUXLIBS_CDB= AUXLIBS_LDAP= 'AUXLIBS_LMDB=-llmdb -lpthread'
AUXLIBS_MYSQL= 'AUXLIBS_PCRE=-L/usr/lib64 -lpcre' AUXLIBS_PGSQL=
AUXLIBS_SQLITE=
make -f Makefile.in MAKELEVEL= Makefiles
(echo "# Do not edit -- this file documents how Postfix was built for
your machine."; /bin/sh makedefs) >makedefs.tmp
ATTENTION:
ATTENTION: Unknown system type: Linux 5.0.13-gentoo-narn
ATTENTION:
make: *** [Makefile.in:31: Makefiles] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:22: makefiles] Error 2
 * ERROR: mail-mta/postfix-3.3.1-r1::gentoo failed (configure phase):



--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  [hidden email]
  [hidden email]
  Landline: +1.603.293.8485
  Mobile:   +1.603.998.6958
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configure failure on 5.x kernels?

Ralph Seichter-2
* Phil Stracchino:

> I don't know if this is Gentoo specific. Is anyone else running into
> a configure failure on 5.x kernels because Postfix's configure doesn't
> believe in 5.x kernels yet?

I run Postfix 3.4.5 on Gentoo Linux with kernel 5.1.3. No trouble at
all. Version 5.0.x did not cause any problems either.

-Ralph
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configure failure on 5.x kernels?

Bill Cole-3
In reply to this post by Phil Stracchino
On 22 May 2019, at 11:10, Phil Stracchino wrote:

> I don't know if this is Gentoo specific.

It seems likely...

> Is anyone else running into a
> configure failure on 5.x kernels because Postfix's configure doesn't
> believe in 5.x kernels yet?

Not if they are running the current stable release version of Postfix
(3.4.5) or either of the prior 2 point releases.
[...]
>  * ERROR: mail-mta/postfix-3.3.1-r1::gentoo failed (configure phase):

That version just had its first birthday. There is a 3.3.4 legacy
release, but it does not appear from the release announcements that it
includes the 5.x support.


--
Bill Cole
[hidden email] or [hidden email]
(AKA @grumpybozo and many *@billmail.scconsult.com addresses)
Not Currently Available For Hire
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configure failure on 5.x kernels?

Phil Stracchino
In reply to this post by Ralph Seichter-2
On 5/22/19 1:30 PM, Ralph Seichter wrote:
> * Phil Stracchino:
>
>> I don't know if this is Gentoo specific. Is anyone else running into
>> a configure failure on 5.x kernels because Postfix's configure doesn't
>> believe in 5.x kernels yet?
>
> I run Postfix 3.4.5 on Gentoo Linux with kernel 5.1.3. No trouble at
> all. Version 5.0.x did not cause any problems either.


Yeah, my issue was subsequently solved by updating to 3.4.5.  The
relevant bug reports declare that it has been fixed in Gentoo ebuilds
since 3.3.3; the problem is, nothing newer than 3.3.1-r1 has been
flagged stable by Gentoo.

I believe I've got a stabilization request expedited.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  [hidden email]
  [hidden email]
  Landline: +1.603.293.8485
  Mobile:   +1.603.998.6958
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configure failure on 5.x kernels?

Wietse Venema
In reply to this post by Phil Stracchino
Phil Stracchino:
> I don't know if this is Gentoo specific.  Is anyone else running into a
> configure failure on 5.x kernels because Postfix's configure doesn't
> believe in 5.x kernels yet?

Postfix 3.4 explicitly supports 5.x kernels; therefore earlier
Postfix version should work too, but I usually don't update older
Postfix versions when a new kernel comes out. I can still do that,
though.

        Wietse

> make -j16 makefiles shared=yes dynamicmaps=no pie=yes
> shlib_directory=/usr/lib64/postfix/MAIL_VERSION DEBUG=
> CC=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc 'OPT=-march=native -O2 -pipe -mfpmath=sse
> -mcx16 -mpopcnt -Wno-comment' 'CCARGS=-DHAS_PCRE -DUSE_TLS -DHAS_LMDB
> -DUSE_SASL_AUTH -DUSE_CYRUS_SASL -I/usr/include/sasl -DNO_NIS -DNO_DB
> -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE'
> 'AUXLIBS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -ldl -lpam -lssl -lcrypto -lsasl2'
> AUXLIBS_CDB= AUXLIBS_LDAP= 'AUXLIBS_LMDB=-llmdb -lpthread'
> AUXLIBS_MYSQL= 'AUXLIBS_PCRE=-L/usr/lib64 -lpcre' AUXLIBS_PGSQL=
> AUXLIBS_SQLITE=
> make -f Makefile.in MAKELEVEL= Makefiles
> (echo "# Do not edit -- this file documents how Postfix was built for
> your machine."; /bin/sh makedefs) >makedefs.tmp
> ATTENTION:
> ATTENTION: Unknown system type: Linux 5.0.13-gentoo-narn
> ATTENTION:
> make: *** [Makefile.in:31: Makefiles] Error 1
> make: *** [Makefile:22: makefiles] Error 2
>  * ERROR: mail-mta/postfix-3.3.1-r1::gentoo failed (configure phase):
>
>
>
> --
>   Phil Stracchino
>   Babylon Communications
>   [hidden email]
>   [hidden email]
>   Landline: +1.603.293.8485
>   Mobile:   +1.603.998.6958
>
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Configure failure on 5.x kernels?

Phil Stracchino
On 5/22/19 3:40 PM, Wietse Venema wrote:
> Phil Stracchino:
>> I don't know if this is Gentoo specific.  Is anyone else running into a
>> configure failure on 5.x kernels because Postfix's configure doesn't
>> believe in 5.x kernels yet?
>
> Postfix 3.4 explicitly supports 5.x kernels; therefore earlier
> Postfix version should work too, but I usually don't update older
> Postfix versions when a new kernel comes out. I can still do that,
> though.

Don't worry about it, I'm pushing to have a version with the fix marked
stable.


--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  [hidden email]
  [hidden email]
  Landline: +1.603.293.8485
  Mobile:   +1.603.998.6958