Content Filters - Body Matching

Post Freak
Hello,
I have a restriction that mandates only certain types of email to be allowed outbound. If an email does not match a pattern, they want that email BCCed to another account. Reading the documentation, I see that body_checks isn't a good way to filter multiple lines and that I should use something like Spamassassin (version 3.2.4). I have that installed and working with Postfix (version 2.2.10).

The issue is how can I guarantee that only email fitting a certain pattern will go through and others won't? Has anyone had a setup similar to this, and is Spamassassin the best filter for this kind of setup?

Thank you!!

Re: Content Filters - Body Matching

Noel Jones-2
Post Freak wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a restriction that mandates only certain types of email to be
> allowed outbound. If an email does not match a pattern, they want that
> email BCCed to another account. Reading the documentation, I see that
> body_checks isn't a good way to filter multiple lines and that I should
> use something like Spamassassin (version 3.2.4). I have that installed
> and working with Postfix (version 2.2.10).
>
> The issue is how can I guarantee that only email fitting a certain
> pattern will go through and others won't? Has anyone had a setup similar
> to this, and is Spamassassin the best filter for this kind of setup?
>
> Thank you!!

I don't think there's a simple way to do this, but I suppose
it could be done by having SpamAssassin add a header (could
just be part of the list of matching rules report) and then
use a postfix header_checks with the FILTER action to send the
matching mail to another postfix instance with always_bcc set.

of course, your SA rule must only match mail you want to BCC.

   -- Noel Jones