gianlucabrt

Hi

I have a mailserver with Postfix, Dovecot and Fetchmail.
If i use protocol POP3, messages splitted with header "Content-Type: message/partial" and sended to my server by Ricoh aficio 1515 are riassembled by Outlook.
If i use IMAP protocol same messages aren't riassembled. Why?
Is there a method to do this?

Vuoi essere presente online?
Vuoi dare voce alla tua attivita`?
Acquista un dominio su domini.interfree.it.
A partire da 18,59 euro

Re: Content-Type: message/partial not riassembled with IMAP

Noel Jones-2
[hidden email] wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a mailserver with Postfix, Dovecot and Fetchmail.
> If i use protocol POP3, messages splitted with header "Content-Type: message/partial" and sended to my server by Ricoh aficio 1515 are riassembled by Outlook.
> If i use IMAP protocol same messages aren't riassembled. Why?
> Is there a method to do this?

This is a question for the dovecot list.  Postfix is not
involved in POP3 or IMAP.

Noel Jones

Re: Content-Type: message/partial not riassembled with IMAP

Victor Duchovni
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 02:12:34PM -0000, [hidden email] wrote:

> I have a mailserver with Postfix, Dovecot and Fetchmail.
> If i use protocol POP3, messages splitted with header "Content-Type: message/partial" and sended to my server by Ricoh aficio 1515 are riassembled by Outlook.
> If i use IMAP protocol same messages aren't riassembled. Why?
> Is there a method to do this?

This is entirely an MUA (mail client) feature. Mail servers don't
reassemble partial messages (even POP servers don't do this). So your
question belongs on the support list for your mail client (Outlook,
unless your IMAP client is different).

Note also, that message/partial is an idea whose time has passed. Most
MUAs don't support it at all.

Re: Content-Type: message/partial not riassembled with IMAP

gianlucabrt

Ohhh

Ok, so isn't it a problem of postfix and dovecot???