Content checking - bulk emails

Jaroslaw Grzabel

Hi guys,

I'm wondering is there any way to configure postfix, to check content of
messages which contains ... let say more than 10 recipients, scan those
and check contents in looking for un.sub.scribe link (or particular words)
and if found pass messages if not block with notification for the sender ?

I know it's a bit crazy idea but I want to prevent such situations in
the future as I received couple of messages from AOL that some users
sends such kind of newsletters or notifications via the server to more
than 10 recipients. After that I can expect an email from AOL. I know
that AOL has not reject those messages from such a script, user must
report it so as I see the content I could say that some AOL users are
too sensitive. Anyway as long as such emailing is illegal because
content doesn't contain unsubscribe link I would like to take a control
over it somehow.

Is there any way ?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Regards,
Jarek

Re: Content checking - bulk emails

Barney Desmond
2009/8/18 Jaroslaw Grzabel <[hidden email]>:

> I'm wondering is there any way to configure postfix, to check content of
> messages which contains ... let say more than 10 recipients, scan those
> and check contents in looking for un.sub.scribe link (or particular words)
> and if found pass messages if not block with notification for the sender ?

This sounds like a job for Spamassassin or something like it (give the
message a "score" based on various attributes). Postfix's content
inspection is necessarily very limited, it's not the right tool for
this sort of work.

Jaroslaw Grzabel a écrit :

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm wondering is there any way to configure postfix, to check content of
> messages which contains ... let say more than 10 recipients, scan those
> and check contents in looking for un.sub.scribe link (or particular words)
> and if found pass messages if not block with notification for the sender ?
>
> I know it's a bit crazy idea but I want to prevent such situations in
> the future as I received couple of messages from AOL that some users
> sends such kind of newsletters or notifications via the server to more
> than 10 recipients. After that I can expect an email from AOL. I know
> that AOL has not reject those messages from such a script, user must
> report it so as I see the content I could say that some AOL users are
> too sensitive. Anyway as long as such emailing is illegal because
> content doesn't contain unsubscribe link I would like to take a control
> over it somehow.
>
> Is there any way ?

yes, use a spam filter. spamassassin should do what you want.