Copying IMAP messages instead of Forwarding?

Copying IMAP messages instead of Forwarding?

@lbutlr
Is there a method to use IMAP to move messages to another account on another server for which I have login credentials on delivery instead of simply forwarding? Or would this be a question for the Dovecot list?

I am trying to get around various spam checking and DKIM failures for a local user who uses gmail but whose address is on my server. She wants all her mail to end up in Gmail, but forwarding it fails too often.

The other option that I am looking at is to enable POP3 so that gmail can simply get the messages, but I haven’t allowed POP3 in ages and am reluctant to do so now, though that is probably the simplest thing.

The user isn’t really savvy enough to manage two IMAP accounts herself.

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Re: Copying IMAP messages instead of Forwarding?

Harald Koch-2
This isn't an answer to your actual question, however:

I've been using postsrsd (https://github.com/roehling/postsrsd) successfully to forward email in a similar situation - users with addresses on my box that they want to be forwarded to a Gmail account. It has obvious downsides, but it did solve the problem in my specific case, where google was rejecting ~20% because of SPF failures.

Harald

Re: Copying IMAP messages instead of Forwarding?

Robert Schetterer-2
Am 25.09.2017 um 16:37 schrieb LuKreme:

> Is there a method to use IMAP to move messages to another account on another server for which I have login credentials on delivery instead of simply forwarding? Or would this be a question for the Dovecot list?
>
> I am trying to get around various spam checking and DKIM failures for a local user who uses gmail but whose address is on my server. She wants all her mail to end up in Gmail, but forwarding it fails too often.
>
> The other option that I am looking at is to enable POP3 so that gmail can simply get the messages, but I haven’t allowed POP3 in ages and am reluctant to do so now, though that is probably the simplest thing.
>
> The user isn’t really savvy enough to manage two IMAP accounts herself.

perhaps

imaputils help

https://github.com/mtsatsenko/imaputils

some blog

https://sys4.de/de/blog/2014/01/12/imap-weiterleitungen-mit-pop3toimap-als-ersatz-fur-smtp-weiterleitungen/

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München

On Sep 25, 2017, at 9:55 AM, Harald Koch <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've been using postsrsd (https://github.com/roehling/postsrsd) successfully to forward email in a similar situation - users with addresses on my box that they want to be forwarded to a Gmail account. It has obvious downsides, but it did solve the problem in my specific case, where google was rejecting ~20% because of SPF failures.

Thanks, that looks promising.

Apple broke AppleScripting signatures in Mail.app, so no random signatures.

On Sep 25, 2017, at 10:23 AM, Robert Schetterer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> https://sys4.de/de/blog/2014/01/12/imap-weiterleitungen-mit-pop3toimap-als-ersatz-fur-smtp-weiterleitungen/

No English version of that, but I'll feed it to google translate and see if it looks workable.

--
Apple broke AppleScripting signatures in Mail.app, so no random signatures.