Copying Mail to Exchange Server During Local Delivery

Copying Mail to Exchange Server During Local Delivery

Jeff Frye
We're setting up an Exchange 2007 server in our organization. We're currently using Postfix on RHEL to handle all of our Internet email. I'd like to do some testing with Exchange before we begin using it to handle Internet mail. The ideal situation would be to have Postfix continue to locally deliver mail for POP/IMAP access, but also forward a copy to the Exchange server via SMTP so that users can access their mail at either location.

If that's not possible, then we need to find a way to migrate one user at a time so that Postfix locally delivers mail for certain users and relays mail to Exchange for others.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated...

Re: Copying Mail to Exchange Server During Local Delivery

Magnus Bäck
On Monday, June 09, 2008 at 17:11 CEST,
     Jeff Frye <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We're setting up an Exchange 2007 server in our organization. We're
> currently using Postfix on RHEL to handle all of our Internet email.
> I'd like to do some testing with Exchange before we begin using it to
> handle Internet mail. The ideal situation would be to have Postfix
> continue to locally deliver mail for POP/IMAP access, but also forward
> a copy to the Exchange server via SMTP so that users can access their
> mail at either location.
>
> If that's not possible, then we need to find a way to migrate one user
> at a time so that Postfix locally delivers mail for certain users and
> relays mail to Exchange for others.

Multiple deliveries require multiple recipients. Split each recipient in
two to have it delivered multiple times. This can be done via virtual
aliases,

[hidden email]        [hidden email], [hidden email]

or via recipient_bcc_maps.

This is a FAQ that's answered probably one or two times a month, so
there is plenty of information in the archives.

--
Magnus Bäck
[hidden email]