DKIM milter: adding a TXT record

dennisthetiger
Hey, guys.  Might be a little bit off topic, but I'll throw it out
there.

I'm working to implent DKIM and DMARC at this time (DMARC is next), and
I've got DKIM just about down except for one thing: the TXT record.
Bind doesn't seem to want to load the TXT record, despite that I've even
re-edited it per what I found at
https://serverfault.com/questions/571720/publishing-long-domain-key-records-in-bind9.
(Running 9.10.3.dfs in Debian Stable.)  There doesn't seem to be a clue
as to what's going on at this point, so I'm a bit lost.  Help?

-Dennis Carr

(Disregard) Re: DKIM milter: adding a TXT record

dennisthetiger
On Thu, 16 May 2019 22:28:59 -0700
Dennis Carr <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm working to implent DKIM and DMARC at this time (DMARC is next),
> and I've got DKIM just about down except for one thing: the TXT
> record.

...and wouldn't you know it, it's because I was digging the wrong
domain name.  Never mind.

-Dennis

Re: DKIM milter: adding a TXT record

Christian Rößner

> Am 17.05.2019 um 07:28 schrieb Dennis Carr <[hidden email]>:
>
> Hey, guys.  Might be a little bit off topic, but I'll throw it out
> there.
>
> I'm working to implent DKIM and DMARC at this time (DMARC is next), and
> I've got DKIM just about down except for one thing: the TXT record.
> Bind doesn't seem to want to load the TXT record, despite that I've even
> re-edited it per what I found at
> https://serverfault.com/questions/571720/publishing-long-domain-key-records-in-bind9.
> (Running 9.10.3.dfs in Debian Stable.)  There doesn't seem to be a clue
> as to what's going on at this point, so I'm a bit lost.  Help?
>
> -Dennis Carr

a little bit hard to figure out your problem. I only can guess.

Have you split the TXT records into chunks?

Do you use nsupdate?

Does your NS server allow updates?

Regards

Christian
--
Rößner-Network-Solutions
Karl-Bröger-Str. 10, 36304 Alsfeld
PGP fingerprint: 658D 1342 B762 F484 2DDF 1E88 38A5 4346 D727 94E5

Re: DKIM milter: adding a TXT record

dennisthetiger
On Fri, 17 May 2019 16:37:26 +0200
Christian Rößner <[hidden email]> wrote:

> a little bit hard to figure out your problem. I only can guess.

I was using 'dig txt chez-vrolet.net' and not turning up the correct
TXT records, and should have used 'dig txt
201905._domainkey.chez-vrolet.net' instead.  Oops. =D

-Dennis