DKIM resource consumption

Elaconta.com Webmaster
Hi

I'm considering implementing DKIM signing in our servers. One think i'm
trying to gauge is its resource consumption, namely CPU time.
Since it must scan the whole mail to generate the checksums, the cost of
signing, say a 20MB email must be quite taxing on the CPU, right?

Is it on a par with SpamAssassin or is it "heavier"?

---------------------------------
Elaconta.com webmaster
---------------------------------

Re: DKIM resource consumption

mouss-2
elaconta.com Webmaster wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm considering implementing DKIM signing in our servers. One think
> i'm trying to gauge is its resource consumption, namely CPU time.
> Since it must scan the whole mail to generate the checksums, the cost
> of signing, say a 20MB email must be quite taxing on the CPU, right?
>
> Is it on a par with SpamAssassin or is it "heavier"?

cheaper.

SA does not only parse the message. it does many operations. for
example, SA does regex matching, URI parsing, ... etc.