DKIM

kbh

DKIM

kbh
hi all
currently i've gota smtp out postfix server and one main and several subdomains are using it to send mails out
want to put a DKIM sign on all the outbound mails; understand there are MAIL-DKIM and DKIMproxy, DKIM-milters etc..
which one i can choose for this purpose
do i've to add anything to  dns zone infos of all these subdomains
guidance appreciated

Re: DKIM

Zhang Huangbin

On Jun 29, 2009, at 5:41 PM, K bharathan wrote:

> hi all
> currently i've gota smtp out postfix server and one main and several
> subdomains are using it to send mails out
> want to put a DKIM sign on all the outbound mails; understand there
> are MAIL-DKIM and DKIMproxy, DKIM-milters etc..
> which one i can choose for this purpose
> do i've to add anything to  dns zone infos of all these subdomains
> guidance appreciated

Another program you can use: amavisd-new-2.6.x.

Amavisd-new can sign all outgoing mails and verify incoming mails.

--
Best Regards.

Zhang Huangbin

- Mail Server Solution for Red Hat(R) Enterprise Linux & CentOS 5.x,
   Debian 5.0.x, Ubuntu 8.04 & 9.04:
   + http://code.google.com/p/iredmail/
   + http://www.iredmail.org/forum/

Re: DKIM

K bharathan a écrit :

> hi all
> currently i've gota smtp out postfix server and one main and several
> subdomains are using it to send mails out
> want to put a DKIM sign on all the outbound mails; understand there are
> MAIL-DKIM and DKIMproxy, DKIM-milters etc..
> which one i can choose for this purpose
> do i've to add anything to  dns zone infos of all these subdomains
> guidance appreciated

IMHO, dkim-milter is currently the best option. but if you have problems
getting this on, then amavisd-new is the recommended choice.
in any case, you'll need to understand how dkim works, and it is up to
you to configure dns correctly.

all that said, I don't find that dkim is bringing me anything, with all
the problems that it brings. so I am hesitating: unless I see good args,
I will disable it.

Re: DKIM

Zbigniew Szalbot-10
mouss pisze:
> all that said, I don't find that dkim is bringing me anything, with all
> the problems that it brings. so I am hesitating: unless I see good args,
> I will disable it.

About the only one I can see is that I am able to complain loudlier to
some mail service providers arguing that not only is my server not
seding any spam but also all mail gets signed. This sometimes has the
benefit that they are more willing to listen to me...

ZS