Debian Stretch reboot problem

Martin Brampton
Does anyone know a robust workaround for the bug in Debian Stretch whereby on reboot Postfix services do not fully start, and mail is not accepted? It’s recorded as bug#877992 but there seems to have been no solution through a number of upgrades.

It’s especially a nuisance right now with reboots needed to apply Meltdown fixes! Otherwise, the server would probably run for a long time without needing reboot.

Best regards, Martin

Re: Debian Stretch reboot problem

Markus Schönhaber-16
Black Sheep, 19.01.2018 16:28 +0100:

> Does anyone know a robust workaround for the bug in Debian Stretch whereby on reboot Postfix services do not fully start, and mail is not accepted? It’s recorded as bug#877992 but there seems to have been no solution through a number of upgrades.

# systemctl enable [hidden email]

works for me (on hosts not using multiple postfix instances / postmulti).

--
Regards
  mks