Debian TLS ssl libraries from package or source

Debian TLS ssl libraries from package or source

John Gateley
Hello,

I am trying to build postfix with TLS support.

I have Debian, with the openssl package installed (as well as libssl-dev).
Reading the instructions here:
http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#build_tls
It states "Do not use Gnu TLS".

The only libssl.so file I can find is:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so
Which looks like Gnu TLS to me.

Is there a Debian package with libssl.so (the package search doesn't
return anything except
what I already have installed)?

Do I need to install openssl from source to build the libraries?

Thanks

John

Re: Debian TLS ssl libraries from package or source

Erwan David
Le 25/07/2015 19:36, John Gateley a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build postfix with TLS support.
>
> I have Debian, with the openssl package installed (as well as
> libssl-dev).
> Reading the instructions here:
> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#build_tls
> It states "Do not use Gnu TLS".
>
> The only libssl.so file I can find is:
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so
> Which looks like Gnu TLS to me.
>
> Is there a Debian package with libssl.so (the package search doesn't
> return anything except
> what I already have installed)?
>
> Do I need to install openssl from source to build the libraries?
>
> Thanks
>
> John

apt-file search libssl.so gives
libssl1.0.0: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0

And it is not gnutls, the "/x86_64-linux-gnu" directory is for the
global architecture.

On Sat, Jul 25, 2015 at 12:36:14PM -0500, John Gateley wrote:

> The only libssl.so file I can find is:
> /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so
> Which looks like Gnu TLS to me.

No, that's OpenSSL.  Most Debian 64-bit libraries are in
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu.  That's the name of the ABI
and has nothing to do with GnuTLS.