Decrease logging level / disable logging for certain remote clients

Decrease logging level / disable logging for certain remote clients

casdevs
Is there any chance to have postfix decrease its logging level or disable logging completely for certain remote clients?

As far as I understand, debug_peer_level only accepts positive values and therefore can only be used to increase the logging level if debug_peer_list is matched.

Our monitoring servers regularly check postfix availability via smtp test connections and we would like their connections to not appear in the postfix logs.

Previously we used syslog to filter those connections out, but now with containerized postfix processes directly logging to stdout, we would need to implement a separate filter process to do this filtering on stdout via some regexes.

Thanks for your help!
Stefan

Re: Decrease logging level / disable logging for certain remote clients

Wietse Venema
casdevs:
> Previously we used syslog to filter those connections out, but now
> with containerized postfix processes directly logging to stdout,
> we would need to implement a separate filter process to do this
> filtering on stdout via some regexes.

As before, Postfix relies on external tools to filter its logging.
If you're concerned about logfile size, data compression will
greatly reduce repetitive entries.

        Wietse