Default connection limiting?

mrobti
I have group of user behind single WAN using mine Postfix submission
service. Sometimes they cann't connect but I dont know why. I thought
its cause that Postfix has default connection maximum from single IP
source, is this true?

* What is error/fail message in logs which I could find to verify I have
that problem?

* What is relevant postconf setting I will have read more about?

Thank you!

Re: Default connection limiting?

Eliza
hi

on 2019/8/22 14:49, MRob wrote:
> Sometimes they cann't connect but I dont know why.

what did postfix server return?
You may check the logs of DA (Delivery agent).

regards.

Re: Default connection limiting?

MRob:
> I have group of user behind single WAN using mine Postfix submission
> service. Sometimes they cann't connect but I dont know why. I thought
> its cause that Postfix has default connection maximum from single IP
> source, is this true?

What is the error message?

> * What is error/fail message in logs which I could find to verify I have
> that problem?

$ grep -i 'too many' /var/log/maillog

Fix: update smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions,
smtpd_client_connection_count_limit, or smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit.

$ grep -i 'stress' /var/log/maillog

Fix: increase the SMTP daemon process limit (in master.cf, or
default_process_limit in main.cf), and do "postfix reload".

On 2019-08-22 12:56, Wietse Venema wrote:
> MRob:
>> I have group of user behind single WAN using mine Postfix submission
>> service. Sometimes they cann't connect but I dont know why. I thought
>> its cause that Postfix has default connection maximum from single IP
>> source, is this true?
>
> What is the error message?

Wish I could have users to cooperate show me the error! :)

>> * What is error/fail message in logs which I could find to verify I
>> have
>> that problem?
>
> $ grep -i 'too many' /var/log/maillog

Thank you kindly! It wasn't this problem, Iwill have to ask user for
better information!