Delayed greeting

Alumno Etsii
Hi!

I've been looking for techniques to avoid SpamBot connections to the SMTP server (or at least to limit them or identify them easily). One of them was the 'Delayed greeting (220) procedure', as a big number of spambots start sending commands just after connecting, so this technique considers delaying the 220 greeting message after connection. My questions are:

1) Does Postfix implements this? If so, what parameters are related to this? (I'm trying to find something but I didn't see anything)
2) Is this worth it? I mean, should this technique be used by default or only under 'stressing' situations?

Thanks for any comment!

Regards

Re: Delayed greeting

Jim Wright
On Oct 5, 2012, at 12:41 PM, Alumno Etsii wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've been looking for techniques to avoid SpamBot connections to the SMTP server (or at least to limit them or identify them easily). One of them was the 'Delayed greeting (220) procedure', as a big number of spambots start sending commands just after connecting, so this technique considers delaying the 220 greeting message after connection. My questions are:
>
> 1) Does Postfix implements this? If so, what parameters are related to this? (I'm trying to find something but I didn't see anything)
> 2) Is this worth it? I mean, should this technique be used by default or only under 'stressing' situations?

Here's what you're looking for:  http://www.postfix.org/POSTSCREEN_README.html

Re: Delayed greeting

Alumno Etsii
2012/10/5 Jim Wright <[hidden email]>
On Oct 5, 2012, at 12:41 PM, Alumno Etsii wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I've been looking for techniques to avoid SpamBot connections to the SMTP server (or at least to limit them or identify them easily). One of them was the 'Delayed greeting (220) procedure', as a big number of spambots start sending commands just after connecting, so this technique considers delaying the 220 greeting message after connection. My questions are:
>
> 1) Does Postfix implements this? If so, what parameters are related to this? (I'm trying to find something but I didn't see anything)
> 2) Is this worth it? I mean, should this technique be used by default or only under 'stressing' situations?

Here's what you're looking for:  http://www.postfix.org/POSTSCREEN_README.html

Exactly that! Thanks so much!