Digging up ancient history

netcat

This is odd, but there's no reference in changelogs to when exactly the
restriction_classes feature appeared. In fact I couldn't find any
reference to them in changelogs at all. And googling didn't help.
But I bet there's at least one person here who knows?

rgds,
netcat

Re: Digging up ancient history

Wietse Venema
netcat:

> This is odd, but there's no reference in changelogs to when exactly the
> restriction_classes feature appeared. In fact I couldn't find any
> reference to them in changelogs at all. And googling didn't help.
> But I bet there's at least one person here who knows?

Restriction classes were introduced in the Postfix release of
December 1999, now called Postfix 0.9.

If a feature is implemented after Postfix 1.0, then it is "dated"
in postconf(5) and in _README files. Otherwise it is considered
available in all Postfix versions.

On Wed, 9 Jul 2008, Wietse Venema wrote:

> netcat:
>>
>> This is odd, but there's no reference in changelogs to when exactly the
>> restriction_classes feature appeared. In fact I couldn't find any
>> reference to them in changelogs at all. And googling didn't help.
>> But I bet there's at least one person here who knows?
>
> Restriction classes were introduced in the Postfix release of
> December 1999, now called Postfix 0.9.
>
> If a feature is implemented after Postfix 1.0, then it is "dated"
> in postconf(5) and in _README files. Otherwise it is considered
> available in all Postfix versions.

Thanks much for the clarification.

rgds,
netcat