Disabling sending mail from alias users

Gustaf Ankarloo

I have just nearly finished setting up a Postfix mail server with virtual
mail users in Mysql, sqlgrey Amavis-new SA and Clamav.
and everything works perfect. I require authentication in order to send
mails.

but today I found that if I connect to the smtpd and try to send mail from
postmaster it does not require
authentication.
Postmaster resides in my alias table and not as an actual account.

thus this makes it possible to whoerver to send mails from my server
without any authetication.

I have googled but not found anything regarding the matter.

Have I missed something obvious, or do I only have to create a real mail
user with password.

Please point me in the right direction where I can read more about this.

Re: Disabling sending mail from alias users

Stefan Förster-4
* Gustaf Ankarloo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> but today I found that if I connect to the smtpd and try to send
> mail from postmaster it does not require authentication.  Postmaster
> resides in my alias table and not as an actual account.

Did you send to a destination for which Postfix was a relay or a final
destination?

> thus this makes it possible to whoerver to send mails from my server
> without any authetication.
>
> I have googled but not found anything regarding the matter.
>
> Have I missed something obvious, or do I only have to create a real mail
> user with password.
>
> Please point me in the right direction where I can read more about this.

Can you provide logs and the output of postconf -n? Debugging
strategies are described in:

http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html

The smtpd access and relay controls are described in:

http://www.postfix.org/SMTPD_ACCESS_README.html

If those readings don't solve your problems, we will need mor data to
be able to help you.

Gustaf Ankarloo wrote:

> I have just nearly finished setting up a Postfix mail server with virtual
> mail users in Mysql, sqlgrey Amavis-new SA and Clamav.
> and everything works perfect. I require authentication in order to send
> mails.
>
> but today I found that if I connect to the smtpd and try to send mail from
> postmaster it does not require
> authentication.
> Postmaster resides in my alias table and not as an actual account.
>
> thus this makes it possible to whoerver to send mails from my server
> without any authetication.
>
> I have googled but not found anything regarding the matter.
>
> Have I missed something obvious, or do I only have to create a real mail
> user with password.
>
> Please point me in the right direction where I can read more about this.

use sender_login_maps is just for that.

If you don't see how to do that, then use something like this:

smtpd_sender_restrictions =
    check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/sender_acl

== sender_acl:
example.com      permit_sasl_authenticated, reject

this means that [hidden email] may not be used as sender without
authentication.