Distinction between next-hop and nexthop ?

Distinction between next-hop and nexthop ?

J Doe
Hi,

I was reading the documentation for the smtp_tls_verify_cert_match parameter in man 5 postconf and noted under the “nexthop” strategy that both next-hop and nexthop are specified.

Example:

    “Match against the next-hop domain...”

    “When MX lookups are not suppressed, this is the original nexthop domain...”

Up until this point, I had been viewing them as interchangeable, but are they in fact referring to two different things/terms ?

Thanks,

- J

Re: Distinction between next-hop and nexthop ?

Viktor Dukhovni

> On Dec 15, 2017, at 5:37 PM, J Doe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Example:
>
>    “Match against the next-hop domain...”
>
>    “When MX lookups are not suppressed, this is the original nexthop domain...”
>
> Up until this point, I had been viewing them as interchangeable, but are they in fact referring to two different things/terms ?

Same.

Re: Distinction between next-hop and nexthop ?

J Doe

> On Dec 15, 2017, at 5:38 PM, Viktor Dukhovni <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 15, 2017, at 5:37 PM, J Doe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Example:
>>
>>   “Match against the next-hop domain...”
>>
>>   “When MX lookups are not suppressed, this is the original nexthop domain...”
>>
>> Up until this point, I had been viewing them as interchangeable, but are they in fact referring to two different things/terms ?
>
> Same.

Hi Viktor,

Ok, thanks.

- J