Docker Postfix logging

Matthias Schneider
Hi,

since i don't want to mount /dev/log into a postfix container, i created
a small tool in golang to create a syslog unix socket and print all logs
to stdout,
the command `postfix start-fg` is wrapped.

Just want to share this with the community:

https://github.com/mschneider82/postfixstdoutlogger/

Best Regards

Matthias Schneider

Re: Docker Postfix logging

Tamás Gérczei
Hi,

Nice one, albeit you can use this since 3.4 - I have it set to the value '/dev/stdout'.

Yours,
Tamás

On 3/20/19 11:10 AM, Matthias Schneider wrote:
Hi,

since i don't want to mount /dev/log into a postfix container, i created a small tool in golang to create a syslog unix socket and print all logs to stdout,
the command `postfix start-fg` is wrapped.

Just want to share this with the community:

https://github.com/mschneider82/postfixstdoutlogger/

Best Regards

Matthias Schneider

Re: Docker Postfix logging

Walter Doekes
Hi Matthias,

> since i don't want to mount /dev/log into a postfix container, i created
> a small tool in golang to create a syslog unix socket and print all logs
> to stdout,
> the command `postfix start-fg` is wrapped.
>
> https://github.com/mschneider82/postfixstdoutlogger/

Alternately, here's a more generic version that _also_ reaps children, in
case postfix were to spawn any:

https://github.com/ossobv/gospawn/

Cheers!

Walter Doekes