Quantcast

Duplicate postfix bounces to download

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Duplicate postfix bounces to download

LunarZone
I have a problem with a plesk server using postfix in which I am
receiving double bounces, duplicates of the same bounce, from my
mailing program. This means that when I download the bounces in
order to filter them I have double the amount to download and would
highly prefer only 1, I do not need 2 of the same thing.

One has the subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
The second one: Postmaster Copy: Undelivered Mail

I am pretty much a green horn, I can edit files such as main.cf but
I do not know what to put, so if you have an answer please be explicit.
Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.

Free English, Spanish, & Portuguese Ecards for Birthdays, Christmas, Navidad, Valentines, & Love

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

Wietse Venema
FliedRice:

> I have a problem with a plesk server using postfix in which I am
> receiving double bounces, duplicates of the same bounce, from my
> mailing program. This means that when I download the bounces in
> order to filter them I have double the amount to download and would
> highly prefer only 1, I do not need 2 of the same thing.
>
> One has the subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
> The second one: Postmaster Copy: Undelivered Mail
>
> I am pretty much a green horn, I can edit files such as main.cf but
> I do not know what to put, so if you have an answer please be explicit.
> Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.

I received this question earlier off-list. and referred to
http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#notify
(What trouble report to the postmaster).

        Wietse
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

LunarZone
Except you missed this part Wietse:
I am pretty much a green horn, I can edit files such as main.cf but 
I do not know what to put, so if you have an answer please be explicit.
Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.

Everyone does not understand things at the level you do, perhaps if you
had a plumbing leak and the plumber came over and told you step-by
step how to repair it you might then understand that rookies need more
clarity.



From: Wietse Venema [via Postfix] <[hidden email]>
To: FliedRice <[hidden email]>
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 11:50 AM
Subject: Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

FliedRice:

> I have a problem with a plesk server using postfix in which I am
> receiving double bounces, duplicates of the same bounce, from my
> mailing program. This means that when I download the bounces in
> order to filter them I have double the amount to download and would
> highly prefer only 1, I do not need 2 of the same thing.
>
> One has the subject: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
> The second one: Postmaster Copy: Undelivered Mail
>
> I am pretty much a green horn, I can edit files such as main.cf but
> I do not know what to put, so if you have an answer please be explicit.
> Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.
I received this question earlier off-list. and referred to
http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#notify
(What trouble report to the postmaster).

        Wietse



If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/Duplicate-postfix-bounces-to-download-tp60946p60953.html
To unsubscribe from Duplicate postfix bounces to download, click here.
NAML


Free English, Spanish, & Portuguese Ecards for Birthdays, Christmas, Navidad, Valentines, & Love

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

Viktor Dukhovni
On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 07:40:35AM -0700, FliedRice wrote:

> > Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.
>
> I received this question earlier off-list. and referred to
> http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html#notify
> (What trouble report to the postmaster).

    main.cf:
        # Set this empty, and monitor the Postfix logs for any trouble.
        notify_classes =

--
        Viktor.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

Wietse Venema
In reply to this post by LunarZone
FliedRice:
> Except you missed this part Wietse:
> I am pretty much a green horn, I can edit files such as main.cf but?
> I do not know what to put, so if you have an answer please be explicit.
> Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.
>
> Everyone does not understand things at the level you do, perhaps if you
> had a plumbing leak and the plumber came over and told you step-by
> step how to repair it you might then understand that rookies need more
> clarity.

Sorry, this text is quite clear (the list of problems to report,
if you don't want to hear about them, don't list them).

        Wietse
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães
In reply to this post by LunarZone
Em 31/08/13 11:40, FliedRice escreveu:

> Except you missed this part Wietse:
> I am pretty much a green horn, I can edit files such as main.cf but
> I do not know what to put, so if you have an answer please be explicit.
> Any assistance is appreciated, thank you.
>
> Everyone does not understand things at the level you do, perhaps if you
> had a plumbing leak and the plumber came over and told you step-by
> step how to repair it you might then understand that rookies need more
> clarity.
>

     this is a technical mailing list, tt's supposed that *at least* you
know what you're doing. You're really dont understand and dont have the
skills to handle a mail system, than you really should hire someone to
do that for you.


--


        Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
        Leonardo Rodrigues
        Solutti Tecnologia
        http://www.solutti.com.br

        Minha armadilha de SPAM, NÃO mandem email
        [hidden email]
        My SPAMTRAP, do not email it



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

LunarZone
Viktor you are a class act, I thank you for making a kind effort.

Wietse see what Viktor did? It wasn't that hard to give a little extra assistance
without attitude.

It is true
Leonardo that I am over my head, I wonder was there ever a time when you did not know everything?
You know when you had to learn something new? Or have you forgotten about that?



Free English, Spanish, & Portuguese Ecards for Birthdays, Christmas, Navidad, Valentines, & Love

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

James Griffin-2
!-- On Mon  2.Sep'13 at  9:43:47 BST, FliedRice ([hidden email]), wrote:
> Viktor you are a class act, I thank you for making a kind effort.
>
> Wietse see what Viktor did? It wasn't that hard to give a little extra assistance
> without attitude.
>
> It is true Leonardo that I am over my head, I wonder was there ever a time when you did not know everything?
> You know when you had to learn something new? Or have you forgotten about that?

It's a simple case of being able to read. There is a lot documentation
and other information available for you or anyone to read up on before
using software. That's where everyone has to start.

--


James Griffin: jmz at kontrol.kode5.net

A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D  B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

LunarZone
Knowing how to read and knowing exactly how to implement are 2 different things.
Even when you were in school the teacher would give you some directions beyond
reading to assist you. What is up with you people? Perhaps if you do not wish to
assist people you should not be here doing it.

Free English, Spanish, & Portuguese Ecards for Birthdays, Christmas, Navidad, Valentines, & Love

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

LunarZone
In reply to this post by James Griffin-2
Sorry, but if you are only going to point to the documentation all the time and are not
willing to give any kind of assistance beyond that, then WHY ARE YOU HERE? Just
link to the documentation on the forum and close the rest down.

Free English, Spanish, & Portuguese Ecards for Birthdays, Christmas, Navidad, Valentines, & Love

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

James Griffin-2
In reply to this post by LunarZone
!-- On Mon  2.Sep'13 at  9:57:06 BST, FliedRice ([hidden email]), wrote:

> Knowing how to read and knowing exactly how to implement are 2 different things.
> Even when you were in school the teacher would give you some directions beyond
> reading to assist you. What is up with you people? Perhaps if you do not wish to
> assist people you should not be here doing it.
>

The documentation is there for a reason. It explains things clearly and
examples are also provided.

You are not in school now and you do need to read up on technical matters
to grasp the basics, at least.

If you've shown that you have made an effort to read and you provide
examples of your efforts, people generally will assist you so you do
understand something you are unclear about. Why do you have an issue with
that?

--


James Griffin: jmz at kontrol.kode5.net

A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D  B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

Winston Smith-7
In reply to this post by James Griffin-2
> Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 09:49:51 +0100
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Duplicate postfix bounces to download
>
> It's a simple case of being able to read. There is a lot documentation
> and other information available

In particular if there is 'a lot of documentation', a kind hint towards the
right direction (i.e., document) is always welcome.

> for you or anyone to read up on before
> using software. That's where everyone has to start.

Forgive my objection, but that's true only in an ideal world.

Have you read the installation manual of every single piece of software
you're using? I put a crate of beer on a bet that you haven't!

There is software which has literally hundreds of pages to read, because
it has hundreds of configuration options. Mediawiki is an example.

If all what certain subscribers want to do here is to say RTFM to someone
who is not as 1337 as themselves, then the list defeats its purpose.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: Duplicate postfix bounces to download

LunarZone
LOL, Look at how much time and effort was used in avoiding giving the answer,
versus how much time was taken in giving the simple resolution. Maybe I should
change the subject title for this page?

Free English, Spanish, & Portuguese Ecards for Birthdays, Christmas, Navidad, Valentines, & Love

Loading...