Error on make of the latest 3.3.1 source at dict_db.c

Error on make of the latest 3.3.1 source at dict_db.c

rachalmers
Hi, I can see what the error message says . But I confess at this moment, I’m at a loss as to how to fix it?
Where is it looking for this db?

-DMACOSX -c dict_db.c
dict_db.c:758:2: error: "Unsupported Berkeley DB version"
#error "Unsupported Berkeley DB version"
 ^
1 error generated.
make: *** [dict_db.o] Error 1
make: *** [update] Error 1
make: *** [update] Error 2

Re: Error on make of the latest 3.3.1 source at dict_db.c

@lbutlr
On 8 Nov 2018, at 01:18, Robert Chalmers <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi, I can see what the error message says . But I confess at this moment, I’m at a loss as to how to fix it?
> Where is it looking for this db?

Postix used Berkely db for hash tables (files end in .db) nosema,ly the virtual file and the alias file:

# file etc/postfix/*.db
etc/postfix/aliases.db:          Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)
etc/postfix/virtual.db:          Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)

You probably have an different version installed that postfix is expecting. How did you build postfix?

--
THERE WAS NO ROMAN GOD NAMED "FARTICUS" Bart chalkboard Ep. 5F06