Feedback on Tutorial

Sergei
Hello Postfix users,

I made a relatively comprehensive tutorial[1] on how to set up a mail server
(Postfix, Dovecot, Rspamd,..) and integrate it with Nextcloud. My goal was to
create a all-in-one, step-by-step tutorial from beginning to end.

I partly used other tutorials as a basis, but also did a lot of research and
e.g. used much stricter smtpd_*_restrictions than I have seen anywhere else.

It's a hobby project, I am not a full-time mail admin, so probably not useful
for large companies.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback and hints on possible errors or
oversights.

A direct link to the Postfix section: https://123qwe.com/tutorial/#postfix

Thank You

        Alexey

[1] http://123qwe.com

RE: Feedback on Tutorial

Fazzina, Angelo
Hi, I took a quick look,

I did not see which version of Postfix this was based on, you may want to mention it as some settings require a minimum Postfix version to be running. As well as some command examples you gave have minimum versions needed to work.

I am no expert but I get lots of legit email from servers with no RDNS so this may be too strong a setting ??
smtpd_client_restrictions =
  permit_mynetworks
  permit_sasl_authenticated
  reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname

The purpose of this section seems to be a bad idea ?
Removing Telltale Headers

How do you troubleshoot delivery or other problems without logs to show what postfix decided to do about an email ?

Finally you mention "Nextcloud" I did not google it so I do not know what it is, if you are talking about Postfix you should stick to generic topics without specifying specific brands of products so a larger audience knows what you are talking about.  IMHO.
For example your user repository could be a Directory, database, or files. It may not help to mention specific products that implement those repositories ?

Thank you.

-ANGELO FAZZINA

ITS Service Manager:
Spam and Virus Prevention
Mass Mailing
G Suite/Gmail

[hidden email]
University of Connecticut,  ITS, SSG, Server Systems
860-486-9075

I made a relatively comprehensive tutorial[1] on how to set up a mail server
(Postfix, Dovecot, Rspamd,..) and integrate it with Nextcloud. My goal was to
create a all-in-one, step-by-step tutorial from beginning to end.

I partly used other tutorials as a basis, but also did a lot of research and
e.g. used much stricter smtpd_*_restrictions than I have seen anywhere else.

It's a hobby project, I am not a full-time mail admin, so probably not useful
for large companies.

I would greatly appreciate your feedback and hints on possible errors or
oversights.

A direct link to the Postfix section: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2F123qwe.com%2Ftutorial%2F%23postfix&data=02%7C01%7Cangelo.fazzina%40uconn.edu%7C213ae3bd20fb4b79bb4c08d5d31b3189%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C1%7C636647036128899329&sdata=PfVxAft0NrOjsxCaTUhqmw3Y9cB3Nm2GXCmN%2BE0Hv4s%3D&reserved=0

Thank You

        Alexey

[1] https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2F123qwe.com&data=02%7C01%7Cangelo.fazzina%40uconn.edu%7C213ae3bd20fb4b79bb4c08d5d31b3189%7C17f1a87e2a254eaab9df9d439034b080%7C0%7C1%7C636647036128899329&sdata=XLi2ndZ3kDr9qP9uwDmyixzKmFdMuEK7%2F5RvUrAzb1E%3D&reserved=0