Force postfix to bounce a message based on queue id

Force postfix to bounce a message based on queue id

Justin Pasher
Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to force Postfix to bounce an
email that is currently in the queue based upon the queue ID. I search
the archives a bit and found these two post that mention using the
transport_maps method for bouncing based upon a certain domain.

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2002-12/2975.html
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2007-07/0737.html

This works fine if I want to make the bouncing automated and permanent,
but sometimes I may want to manually bounce certain messages (possibly
to avoid any extra overhead by using the transport_maps feature).

The older article indicated that the feature didn't exist (and sounded
like it probably wouldn't be created). I was wondering if anything has
changed since then. Is the only way still to use the transport_maps file
to force an error message?

Thanks.

Justin Pasher

Re: Force postfix to bounce a message based on queue id

Sahil Tandon
* Justin Pasher <[hidden email]> [05-23-2008]:

> I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to force Postfix to bounce an
> email that is currently in the queue based upon the queue ID. I search the
> archives a bit and found these two post that mention using the
> transport_maps method for bouncing based upon a certain domain.
>
> http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2002-12/2975.html
> http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2007-07/0737.html
>
> This works fine if I want to make the bouncing automated and permanent, but
> sometimes I may want to manually bounce certain messages (possibly to avoid
> any extra overhead by using the transport_maps feature).

No change.  See recent thread:

        http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.mail.postfix.user/182583/focus=182599

--
Sahil Tandon <[hidden email]>