Forward messages to my BlackBerry???

Gary MacKay
How can I echo every message to my email addr to my blackberry.net addr?

I know I loose some functionality by forwarding my email to a
blackberry.net account, but at least the messages show up instantly
instead of every 15 minutes. (No, I do not have an Exchange Server. I
use Postfix of course!)

Re: Forward messages to my BlackBerry???

Randy Ramsdell
Gary MacKay wrote:
> How can I echo every message to my email addr to my blackberry.net addr?
>
> I know I loose some functionality by forwarding my email to a
> blackberry.net account, but at least the messages show up instantly
> instead of every 15 minutes. (No, I do not have an Exchange Server. I
> use Postfix of course!)

Add an aliase.

gary:        [hidden email]

postalias aliases
postfix reload

Re: Forward messages to my BlackBerry???

blue_cowdawg

Re: Forward messages to my BlackBerry???

Ramprasad-5

On Wed, 2008-05-28 at 11:47 -0400, Gary MacKay wrote:
> How can I echo every message to my email addr to my blackberry.net addr?
>
> I know I loose some functionality by forwarding my email to a
> blackberry.net account, but at least the messages show up instantly
> instead of every 15 minutes. (No, I do not have an Exchange Server. I
> use Postfix of course!)

I use

This file contains

[hidden email] [hidden email],[hidden email]

Re: Forward messages to my BlackBerry???

blue_cowdawg

Re: Forward messages to my BlackBerry???

Steve Crawford
Gary MacKay wrote:
> How can I echo every message to my email addr to my blackberry.net addr?
Just add an alias to [hidden email] (where xxx is you
provider like att, tmo etc.) Of course you have to set up your
blackberry.net address first. These messages are typically nearly
instantaneous.

Even if you are not using their enterprise Exchange-based solution, you
can also set up one (or several, I think), other addresses as long as
you can pop mail for that address. But it only checks about every 15
minutes like you said (though if you use the account, it starts checking
every 3 minutes for a while).

In my case, the Blackberry account is set to audio alert and
high-priority messages get routed there. Low priority status messages go
to a regular pop account on the Postfix server and the Blackberry does
not vibrate/beep for those messages.

Cheers,
Steve