From: -> sender (envelope from) - is it possible?

Kamil Jońca

I have small personal box.

Mails from this box are sent via smarthosts picked up by sender.
In other words.
1. mail is put into queue with "sendmail -f ..." command
2. according to sender_dependent_default_transport_maps is picked up
smarthost and mail is route via this smarthost.

And assume we do not use "-f" flag when call sendmail.
Is it possible to set sender based on "From:" message header, in case
when "envelope from" is empty?

I think that it is something to do with canonical_maps, but I am not
sure.

KJ

http://stopstopnop.pl/stop_stopnop.pl_o_nas.html
I've been there.

Re: From: -> sender (envelope from) - is it possible?

Benny Pedersen-2
[hidden email] skrev den 2018-10-06 18:58:

> 1. mail is put into queue with "sendmail -f ..." command
> 2. according to sender_dependent_default_transport_maps is picked up
> smarthost and mail is route via this smarthost.

you give incomplete info, thus i give incomplete answers

is your question answered here http://www.openspf.org/SPF_vs_Sender_ID

note sender-id is depricated

> And assume we do not use "-f" flag when call sendmail.
> Is it possible to set sender based on "From:" message header, in case
> when "envelope from" is empty?

no, From: header is not smtp at all, so postfix cant mangle it, if you
want to do it anyway you will need milter

logs and postconf -n are good for lions here :=)

Re: From: -> sender (envelope from) - is it possible?

Kamil Jońca
Benny Pedersen <[hidden email]> writes:

[...]
> no, From: header is not smtp at all, so postfix cant mangle it, if you
Well. I was afraid of that :/ Thanks for clarification.

KJ

--
http://wolnelektury.pl/wesprzyj/teraz/
Samsung Wave to badziewie ...