Fwd: error 550

Jason Hirsh-2

Begin forwarded message:

From: jason hirsh <[hidden email]>
Date: February 2, 2021 at 2:07:20 PM AST
To: [hidden email]
Subject: error 550

I can not seem to get massages through to earthlink/mindspring. I get the following error
 550 5.7.1 Connection refused - OXSUS0001_304 (in reply to MAIL FROM

Sounds like the sending  email is on a black list but when u check the domain, no blacklists are found

My guess is i have an issue with the server configuration.  Can some one point me in any direction?

Re: Fwd: error 550

Noel Jones-2

On 2/2/2021 12:09 PM, Jason Hirsh wrote:

>> I can not seem to get massages through to earthlink/mindspring. I
>> get the following error
>>  550 5.7.1 Connection refused - OXSUS0001_304 (in reply to MAIL FROM

Googling the error message suggests earthlink has blocked your IP
and suggests what you can do about it. I don't speak for earthlink,
but generally IP blocks can be from previous or ongoing spam from
that IP, or a history of spam from similar IPs (for however the site
defines those terms).

https://support.earthlink.net/articles/email/email-blocked-by-earthlink.php

Re: error 550

Jason Hirsh-2
Tried your link.

tried the process  I am told the are not blocking my ip

They say forward message which i did and it gets bounced

tried contacting [hidden email].  and get bounced

fun

> On Feb 2, 2021, at 2:33 PM, Noel Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 2/2/2021 12:09 PM, Jason Hirsh wrote:
>>> I can not seem to get massages through to earthlink/mindspring. I get the following error
>>>  550 5.7.1 Connection refused - OXSUS0001_304 (in reply to MAIL FROM
>>>

> Googling the error message suggests earthlink has blocked your IP and suggests what you can do about it. I don't speak for earthlink, but generally IP blocks can be from previous or ongoing spam from that IP, or a history of spam from similar IPs (for however the site defines those terms).
>
> https://support.earthlink.net/articles/email/email-blocked-by-earthlink.php
>

>  -- Noel Jones

RE: error 550

Koga Hayashi
Jason,

Maybe your sending domain has no TXT record for SPF checks.
Or your sending IP is not listed in the record.

tried the process  I am told the are not blocking my ip

They say forward message which i did and it gets bounced

tried contacting [hidden email].  and get bounced

fun

> On Feb 2, 2021, at 2:33 PM, Noel Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> On 2/2/2021 12:09 PM, Jason Hirsh wrote:
>>> I can not seem to get massages through to earthlink/mindspring. I get the following error
>>>  550 5.7.1 Connection refused - OXSUS0001_304 (in reply to MAIL FROM
>>>

> Googling the error message suggests earthlink has blocked your IP and suggests what you can do about it. I don't speak for earthlink, but generally IP blocks can be from previous or ongoing spam from that IP, or a history of spam from similar IPs (for however the site defines those terms).
>
> https://support.earthlink.net/articles/email/email-blocked-by-earthlink.php
>

>  -- Noel Jones

Re: error 550

Viktor Dukhovni
On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 06:34:31AM +0000, Koga Hayashi wrote:

> > Googling the error message suggests earthlink has blocked your IP
> > and suggests what you can do about it. I don't speak for earthlink,
> > but generally IP blocks can be from previous or ongoing spam from
> > that IP, or a history of spam from similar IPs (for however the site
> > defines those terms).
> >
> > https://support.earthlink.net/articles/email/email-blocked-by-earthlink.php

Note that the border MX host for earthlink.net are operated by
a separate provider:

    earthlink.net. IN MX 5 mx01.oxsus-vadesecure.net.
    earthlink.net. IN MX 5 mx02.oxsus-vadesecure.net.
    earthlink.net. IN MX 5 mx03.oxsus-vadesecure.net.
    earthlink.net. IN MX 5 mx04.oxsus-vadesecure.net.

Otherwise known as Vade Secure:

    https://www.vadesecure.com/en/

which likely means that "Vade Secure", not Earthlink implement the
underlying filtering methods.  With sufficiently many 3rd-parties in the
forwarding chain, resolving issues can get complicated... :-(

I don't personally have any earthlink.net correspondents, so no direct
experience of either getting through or not.

Re: error 550

Jason Hirsh-2
You might be on to something. Looking again at my zone record file ,  It appears garbled.

I will rewrite and try again

Thanks